Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job! ^ That's exactly what I plan to do with my sub control - eventually.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I installed my 10" Lukebox a couple of weeks ago. After spending five days driving the in mountains, it is simply impossible to describe how awesome the sound is - the only way to know is to hear one yourself. Ask any of the guys who heard my system at the Brodeo this past weekend. There are several pics of it and the install process in my build thread.

Massive props for this write-up, as well as for the amp bypass DIY thread. They are both absolutely invaluable. Thanks Luke!
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^^ This guy has easily the meanest sounding system I've ever heard in a car ever! I'm jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Schwarz View Post
          ^^ This guy has easily the meanest sounding system I've ever heard in a car ever! I'm jelly.
          Don't be jelly, get a 12"!

We wioll have them ready to ship early next week, but are only building 4 of them this time...don't slack!

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i have almost the same setup

infinity 1262W
            lukebox e3012
            Planet audio 1800.4
            Alpine ida-x305sbt
            kicker ks525 at all fours

WOW DOES THE BOX KICK ASS.

The best part is you can JAM THE F OUT and it will NOT rattle your trunk and its not very loud outside the vehicle. such an awesome setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ACS Cabrio View Post
              i have almost the same setup

infinity 1262W
              lukebox e3012
              Planet audio 1800.4
              Alpine ida-x305sbt
              kicker ks525 at all fours

WOW DOES THE BOX KICK ASS.

The best part is you can JAM THE F OUT and it will NOT rattle your trunk and its not very loud outside the vehicle. such an awesome setup.
              Wow...thanks! Yeah, that setup should kick some ass for sure.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

After riding around in my friend's car that has a 10" Luke Box...I seriously can't wait to put one back into my car. I mean, I've been compiling playlists specifically to listen to in his car...

Can't wait to order a box.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  After riding around in my friend's car that has a 10" Luke Box...I seriously can't wait to put one back into my car. I mean, I've been compiling playlists specifically to listen to in his car...

Can't wait to order a box.
                  Sweet! You know we have a sale on, right? We have the E3010 classic "Lukebox" for $180, there are still 2 left.

We will be doing a run of 12's too, those things slam!

Thanks for the kind words

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm hoping to get one of the grey carpeted ones and one of them fancy amp racks haha

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up, but I'm hoping to get one of the grey carpeted ones and one of them fancy amp racks haha
                      Well, honestly, having done both gray and black, get a back box. The back of the amp rack looks best in gray, while the inside of the amp rack looks best in black.

Shoot me a PM when you are ready. We have amp racks built, but are out of fans. Our old supplier has dried up, and everyone else is triple the cost!

We have a line on a new supplier, hopefully soon we will be ready to ship more.

They sure are sexy!

Thanks,
                      Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I like the idea of the amp, woofer, box, and cables; I looked into that alpine Ida-x305 also and it seems like what I want as well. However, what are some good suggestions for 5.25 speakers? Of course I like loudness and bass, but I want some very clear sounding clean 5.25 speakers that can match up. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                          I like the idea of the amp, woofer, box, and cables; I looked into that alpine Ida-x305 also and it seems like what I want as well. However, what are some good suggestions for 5.25 speakers? Of course I like loudness and bass, but I want some very clear sounding clean 5.25 speakers that can match up. Suggestions?
                          That is actually pretty tough right now. There are not a whole hell of a bunch of choices, but there are a few that are pretty decent.

On the cheap side, look at Powerbass SC 50 or the Bazooka RX5S:

A little more gets you Alpine SC 50 or Infinity reference, or Polk DB series. I like the Quinn Q5s too. Pioneer makes a nicer set, those are great too.

I like the crossover on those Bazookas, if you are using a sub, they are likely pretty good.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I just finished installing this set-up in my car today:

-Luke 10in box in black, of course
                            -Polk db 10in. MM1040 sub
                            -Eclipse 3650 5/4 channel amp
                            -jvc kd-r730bt head unit
                            -MB Quart ONX213 Mids up front
                            -Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxial Mids out back
                            -MB Quart OTK-30 OTK-30 tweeters up front

MY GOD DOES IT SOUND AWESOME! I love the head unit, it has a perfect match for the BMW orange. The sub sounds great but, we all know that is mostly due to Stereoinstaller's awesome box though!

Both the Pioneer and the MB Quart mids sound great, eventually I would like to get a matching set of one or the other. Any suggestions on which is better of the pair I have? I am leaning towards the MBs because the Pioneers are coaxial and the tweeters in them kind of suck.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              The back of the amp rack looks best in gray, while the inside of the amp rack looks best in black.
                              ^^ This!!

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                                I just finished installing this set-up in my car today:

-Luke 10in box in black, of course
                                -Polk db 10in. MM1040 sub
                                -Eclipse 3650 5/4 channel amp
                                -jvc kd-r730bt head unit
                                -MB Quart ONX213 Mids up front
                                -Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxial Mids out back
                                -MB Quart OTK-30 OTK-30 tweeters up front

MY GOD DOES IT SOUND AWESOME! I love the head unit, it has a perfect match for the BMW orange. The sub sounds great but, we all know that is mostly due to Stereoinstaller's awesome box though!

Both the Pioneer and the MB Quart mids sound great, eventually I would like to get a matching set of one or the other. Any suggestions on which is better of the pair I have? I am leaning towards the MBs because the Pioneers are coaxial and the tweeters in them kind of suck.
                                Sweet, good to hear you are impressed!

Honestly, I have only heard a couple sets of the Quarts, but they seem pretty decent to me.

I know if I were buying speakers today, I would consider them, unless I did my typical crazy stuff.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X