X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 320iconvertible
    replied
    E30 Factory Radio

Hey Guys im new to r3vlimited. i just bought my first E30. 1990 320i convertible. the vin# indicates it is a European model. it has a aftermarket radio installed and i would like to get the original one back in it. i tried looking up the radio but was unsuccessful i hope that someone could help me out with the make/model and where i could buy it from. All i know it has a stock Sony CD changer in the trunk. i will take some pictures today and post them hopefully they will help. i appreciate it guys! thanks,

Allen

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Sticky this please

Leave a comment:

• E30stan
    replied
    Love the nostalgia, vote for sticky:)

Leave a comment:

• eshtog
    replied
    Anyone know which radio would have been installed in an 89 M3 with a build date of 7/88?

Leave a comment:

• IS300E30
    replied
    If anyone has a perfectly working (all lights glow perfectly, the display glows the dark orange like it is supposed to, sound DOES NOT cut in and out, does not automatically turn on and off the antenna, and tape player works, as in everything works like it is supposed to)
    BMW Pioneer KE-83ZBM which is #3 on the list. I would be interested in possibly purchasing. Also, must have original harness.

PM me if you have.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
    theres another:

KE81 KE-81-ZBM02
    came stock in my 1987 325is (premium radio) with a fader on the dash.

ill never forget tapping the left switch up and down for cassette control and bumping the B all the way over for max crappy bass.
    hmmm. my 87 325is with premium came with the #2 headunit and fader......

can anybody tell me where i could get a wiring harness? I want to hook the old one back up.

sent from 1987 via e30

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Great thread. +1 for sticky.

Leave a comment:

• nick_318is
    replied
    Number 2 came in my 91 318is and is still in there.

Leave a comment:

• straight6pwr
    replied
    theres another:

KE81 KE-81-ZBM02
    came stock in my 1987 325is (premium radio) with a fader on the dash.

ill never forget tapping the left switch up and down for cassette control and bumping the B all the way over for max crappy bass.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    An eBay seller said this about Radio #3 Model KE-83ZBM (Pioneer):

A very nice used and tested BMW cassette player. BMW model Pioneer KE-83ZBM. Functions include: cassette, auto reverse, scan, AM/FM/WB. Will fit other E34 and E32 models. This can be used on the E30/E28/E24 with some modifications to your wiring. This is a 4-channel output radio, while the E30/E28/E24 used a 2-channel for the most part. This unit is designed to be used with a factory amp. A rare find.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
    I would not at all be surprised if it was swapped out at some point. My car was a real piece when I picked it up.

Here are a couple pics of my cartridge cd deck. Very late model, with e36 style plug, but shows up under e30 on realoem
    I found this thread that lists many of the optional radios offered on Euro BMW's in the 80's. The Bavaria is there among many others.
    Further to the article in the May club magazine on 80s in-car entertainment (ICE) systems, here is are...

That thread doesn't show the Nashville, which I just saw listed on eBay. Cool thing about this head unit is that it has a mini-jack input on the front.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    I did tons of dealer work, swapping out radios in M3s on down back when these were new...but my memory of them is fairly clear. I did literally hundreds of E30s, so its a bit of a blur anyway, but I don't think that "slider" came out until late '90. CD changer ports came out before the slider by at least 2 years and were in some E34s as early as 1988.

Todd, I am convinced your car did not come from Germany with that deck. Believe it or not, stock BMW decks were stolen in those days, that may be the story on that...but I really do think it is a later deck.

There were two slider decks and most were also CD changer controllers. Its rare to see a slider deck that does not have a changer port. AFAIK, both MBus Pioneer and Alpine were used over the various years, there were not less than 3 different changer ports.

I wish I had a recording back in those days: "Yes, Ma'am. I know it seems wrong, but put the CD in upside down or it won't work"...LOL.

If you guys are listing the stock decks, you should also list the changers, magazines and cables. There are a few adapters too, like the factory fader bypass harness.

Having all the part numbers, date ranges and weird euro options in one thread would be great. I will help where I can and if I ever get to unpack our storage, I can provide lots of part numbers. I have almost a dozen of those "slider" decks (don't even ask. I am saving for a special rebuild at some point) and a few CD changers, but no cables at all.

LMK if I can help

Luke

I would not at all be surprised if it was swapped out at some point. My car was a real piece when I picked it up.

Here are a couple pics of my cartridge cd deck. Very late model, with e36 style plug, but shows up under e30 on realoem

Leave a comment:

• BlackSpeed66
    replied
    #3 is what is currently in my car now (soon to be swapped out!). I'm pretty sure it's from a later model e30, as I have seen several other e30s with it. It seems to be a less common model than #1 and #2. I also have the CD changer cable which was included with the radio when I purchased it.

For reference, my car is an '87 w/ Premium Sound, and #1 was originally installed in it.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I did tons of dealer work, swapping out radios in M3s on down back when these were new...but my memory of them is fairly clear. I did literally hundreds of E30s, so its a bit of a blur anyway, but I don't think that "slider" came out until late '90. CD changer ports came out before the slider by at least 2 years and were in some E34s as early as 1988.

Todd, I am convinced your car did not come from Germany with that deck. Believe it or not, stock BMW decks were stolen in those days, that may be the story on that...but I really do think it is a later deck.

There were two slider decks and most were also CD changer controllers. Its rare to see a slider deck that does not have a changer port. AFAIK, both MBus Pioneer and Alpine were used over the various years, there were not less than 3 different changer ports.

I wish I had a recording back in those days: "Yes, Ma'am. I know it seems wrong, but put the CD in upside down or it won't work"...LOL.

If you guys are listing the stock decks, you should also list the changers, magazines and cables. There are a few adapters too, like the factory fader bypass harness.

Having all the part numbers, date ranges and weird euro options in one thread would be great. I will help where I can and if I ever get to unpack our storage, I can provide lots of part numbers. I have almost a dozen of those "slider" decks (don't even ask. I am saving for a special rebuild at some point) and a few CD changers, but no cables at all.

LMK if I can help

Luke

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post
    Radio #1 is a CM5905, they also had a CM5907 (same exact radio, but instead of the "AM/FM" button on the CM5905 the CM5907 had a "Band" button which added weather band function.

#2 btw is for E30s that did NOT have a fader function on the dash. Which would be the newer E30 (not sure of the year range)
    #2 is the radio my 10/87 build M3 has, and it HAS the fader in the dash, and premium sound

#1 is the radio my 04/92 cabby had in it, with no fader in the dash, and premium sound.

There is also a cartridge cd player, made by Blaupunkt for BMW, that was a stupid rare euro option, that was available in the late years of production.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X