• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post
    What is this one, NEVER seen this one before. "CM5907EA"
    This looks like a CM5905 with an odd "NRW" "Wide" connected to the volume knob.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38539495766...mis&media=COPY
    Yeah, pretty odd. Never seen that one before. Sticker on the bottom says something about a noise reduction system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (5).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	10085944

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-23 134716.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	10085945

Leave a comment:

• IS300E30
    replied
    What is this one, NEVER seen this one before. "CM5907EA"
    This looks like a CM5905 with an odd "NRW" "Wide" connected to the volume knob.

Leave a comment:

• IS300E30
    replied
    Reading "dfraid" post, 2 above mine. How do you find out what radio model came in your car when it was brand new? If you call a BMW dealership and provide them your VIN, they can then locate which radio model mine came with?

Mine is an 87, so I know it is a 2 channel and either an Alpine CM5907 or Pioneer KE-81ZBM, if I call a dealership they can tell me the specific model that came in my car when it was new?

Leave a comment:

• LBC28730
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post

an 87 came with a 2 channel radio, either the Alpine CM5907 or the pioneer KE81ZBM
    Sorry I am just now seeing this!
    Thanks for the information.

Leave a comment:

• dfraid
    replied
    Hello.
    Just got my (first) E30 - 92 vert in black. And I want to install the original OEM radio with the Cantaloupe bluetooth system... should be easy enough they said. Previous owner had installed a Kenwood CD player which I have removed. The dealer told me that the my E30 actually came with the less common Pioneer KE83 ZBM and the Cantaloupe system only works with a couple of the Alpine Decks such as the CM5908 - which I have purchased.

That said, I have a hot mess of wires with some ends spliced and some not to accommodate Kenwood Harness. and I am unsure if I can reverse the mess and install the CM5908. Has anyone dealt with this issue before - swapping a Pioneer for an Alpine deck?

Name:	IMG_3814.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	9935292

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by LBC28730 View Post

6 years later, I am trying to find out similar information for an 87 325is.

Seems it wouldn't have come with a CM5908 if it had the fader in the dash?

I was told Atlanta SQR 47, I found one, but now I am not so sure.

DId you every find anything else about this?
    an 87 came with a 2 channel radio, either the Alpine CM5907 or the pioneer KE81ZBM

Leave a comment:

• LBC28730
    replied
    Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post

hmmm. my 87 325is with premium came with the #2 headunit and fader......

can anybody tell me where i could get a wiring harness? I want to hook the old one back up.

sent from 1987 via e30

6 years later, I am trying to find out similar information for an 87 325is.

Seems it wouldn't have come with a CM5908 if it had the fader in the dash?

I was told Atlanta SQR 47, I found one, but now I am not so sure.

DId you every find anything else about this?

Leave a comment:

• LBC28730
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwitt View Post
    I am a total newby to this forum but have been a BMW enthusiast for over 45 years. I admit to joining this forum to find out about a radio but it relates to E30.

I have a BMW radio that is probably very obscure, and am trying to find out more about it and a possible replacement. I bought it around 1984 from Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, CA. I think it was built for BMW North America as a warranty replacement for the Alpine CM5804 that was used in the early E30. It was built by Audio Systems Inc. (ASI) in the USA, but I can find no information on this company. It is model number DL-9402D and I can find very little information on it either. No one can find information on it to repair it so I am looking to find a direct replacement for it. It appears the Alpine CM5804 is a direct replacement with respect to the electrical connections but I don't know if it will fit the frame used with the ASI unit. I am told it is probably a standard DIN opening and should fit but the locking mechanisms seems to be different.

Here are some photos of it.

Click image for larger version Name:	P1010137.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	9915766

Click image for larger version Name:	P1010138.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	9915767

Click image for larger version Name:	P1010141.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	9915768

Any help you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I recently purchased a Blaupunkt Atlanta SQR 47 for my '87 325is thinking it was "OEM". Finding out it probably isn't, BUT, I found ALL the factory documentation at https://www.radiomuseum.org/

It took a couple days and using a VPN to get all 36 pages but it's all available.

Leave a comment:

• Gwitt
    replied
    I am a total newby to this forum but have been a BMW enthusiast for over 45 years. I admit to joining this forum to find out about a radio but it relates to E30.

I have a BMW radio that is probably very obscure, and am trying to find out more about it and a possible replacement. I bought it around 1984 from Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, CA. I think it was built for BMW North America as a warranty replacement for the Alpine CM5804 that was used in the early E30. It was built by Audio Systems Inc. (ASI) in the USA, but I can find no information on this company. It is model number DL-9402D and I can find very little information on it either. No one can find information on it to repair it so I am looking to find a direct replacement for it. It appears the Alpine CM5804 is a direct replacement with respect to the electrical connections but I don't know if it will fit the frame used with the ASI unit. I am told it is probably a standard DIN opening and should fit but the locking mechanisms seems to be different.

Here are some photos of it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010137.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	9915766

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010138.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	9915767

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010141.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	9915768

Any help you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Tzantushka
    replied
    Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    Has anyone got or seen this HU?
    I couldnt find any info on it.. my BMW is a 1990 with some sort of 'premium audio' option.. maybe it was Australia specific?
    Most likely an AUS specific head unit.
    At the time BMW AUS were fitting BMW branded Blaupunkts and Alpine head units to these vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    Has anyone got or seen this HU?
    I couldnt find any info on it.. my BMW is a 1990 with some sort of 'premium audio' option.. maybe it was Australia specific?

Leave a comment:

• M3 euro ltw
    replied
    CD changer cable information:

I'm looking to either buy or DIY build my own cable that would have DIN 13 as shown on the CM5908 rear views, that goes to DIN 8 pin for the CD changers that reputedly matched the CM5908. These are Alpine units exclusively (ASFAIK, but maybe Blaupunct made a compatible one?).

I'm very grateful to the community for having joined together to help and supply information. There is reference in the forum to being able to find online the pin-to-pin configuration for this cable, but I haven't (yet) found it. I can not confirm M-bus or Ai-Net either for the TR-1000, TR1016, or TR-1008, although, they must all me the same if they all run off a CM5908. Any help appreciated, and I'll post up what I find so others coming later can DIY. It is easy to find the connectors, and there are plenty of cables that come DIN-8 both ends that could be modified to have the DIN 13 at the other end. But I need the pin data. (and if anyone can find the 90 degree 13 DIN pin connector ? I haven't found that, only inline which may be tight.)

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll edit this post to be purely informative if I can get this info. Don't know where else traffic would see it.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
    I have two of these. One works/worked when stored, and the other is a parts deck.They are cartridge CD decks. Disc goes in cartridge, cartridge goes in the deck.
    I have a box of NOS cartridges for them as well
    That's awesome. I remember an old Mac computer at school when I was a kid had a cartridge CD-ROM drive and I played the game Cosmic Osmo on it. :)

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
    It looks like radio #5 is a Blaupunkt C22 (BP4836).

Bavaria Electronic CD II SCD09 What's interesting about this one is that BMW lists the CD43 as the superseded model in the E30 ETK ( 65126909885).

I have two of these. One works/worked when stored, and the other is a parts deck.They are cartridge CD decks. Disc goes in cartridge, cartridge goes in the deck.
    I have a box of NOS cartridges for them as well

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    It looks like radio #5 is a Blaupunkt C22 (BP4836).

There is also similar model C52 (BP6262) and a host of 'Bavaria' models.

C52 (BP6262)

Bavaria C III BP1830

Bavaria Electronic CD

BAVARIA C BE0728

Bavaria C Business BE0774

Bavaria C Business RDS Pioneer KE-92ZBM

BAVARIA C Professional RDS BE1801

BAVARIA C Exclusiv BE0729

Professional RDS BE2455

Bavaria C Professional BE0776

Bavaria Electronic CD II SCD09 What's interesting about this one is that BMW lists the CD43 as the superseded model in the E30 ETK ( 65126909885).

More info here: http://www.e30owners.com/forums/show...-a-UK-1987-316
    Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-06-2019, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X