Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash
    It's been fine, I just told her it's NOT a cellphone so don't load it up with apps like Facebook and high usage apps.
    Stream music to it, I only really load YouTube Vanced, Netflix, TVZion and Waze then call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Thirty Bastard View Post
      Found this headunit on eBay and looks great. Modern touch with a period correct look and it's only 45 bucks!
      Is this flush mount ? I can't really tell from the picture?

Comment

Also boot up time. If I'm not hearing tunes by the time I'm backing out, it's a deal killer.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

There's zero bootup time, basically it goes to sleep and then comes back on instantly. I've been completely fine with 1GB versions, but if you're really worried about speed when swapping between apps, Waze calculating drive times, etc then get the 2GB version.

I've set mine up to where it fires up Waze automatically the second it comes on, then I installed an app on my phone called Hotspot Starter that fires up my hotspot the moment it sees a Bluetooth connection, I fire up the music player of choice from my phone (which can be controlled from the screen and/or steering wheel controls if you have them), then I'm off and running with music playing and Waze on the screen.

GF's E30 325iS - My E36 328iC
          My E38 740iL6 - GF's E39 528iT (sold)
          My HD F150 - GF's E61 535xiT - My E70 X5M
          Attached Files
          Last edited by m5james; 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Thirty Bastard View Post
            Found this headunit on eBay and looks great. Modern touch with a period correct look and it's only 45 bucks!

Can this screen be dimmed or turned off entirely?
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
              Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash
              It's been fine, I just told her it's NOT a cellphone so don't load it up with apps like Facebook and high usage apps.
              Stream music to it, I only really load YouTube Vanced, Netflix, TVZion and Waze then call it good.

Comment

How are you guys wiring these head units up to your cars? There's no adapter to factoring wiring, is there?

Comment

No, you have to raw dog it with butt splices or solder and heat shrink. E30's are too old to have someone make a harness adapter. But that's a blessing, because for anyone with "fader" switch will want to bypass it anyways.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

What is this?

(https://bimmertips.com/wp-content/up..._sport_evo.jpg)

Comment

Originally posted by m5james View Post
                      Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.
                      Problem is the outs are 1V, and the sub out is glitchy as heck....

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        No, you have to raw dog it with butt splices or solder and heat shrink. E30's are too old to have someone make a harness adapter. But that's a blessing, because for anyone with "fader" switch will want to bypass it anyways.
                        Anyone have a wiring diagram then...?

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
                          Anyone have a wiring diagram then...?
                          They are all here [URL]http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e30//[URL] The various year/make/models can vary slightly and some even report that the eta color codes differ from what they have but these manuals are must haves for any wiring on e30 s Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by m5james View Post
                            Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.
                            I like this option, but I can't seem to find any documentation as to whether this supports Apple CarPlay or if it just mirrors the iPhone screen. Does it support CarPlay?

Comment

I bought this oem HONDA headunit because of the look, and I’m surprise of the quality of sound.. its amazing, even better than my previous Alpine. It has cd mp3 and front aux input. ua6bd3bf2459f046004eb77f6808dc8f4.jpg[/IMG]

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Comment

Originally posted by federal View Post
                                I bought this oem HONDA headunit because of the look, and I’m surprise of the quality of sound.. its amazing, even better than my previous Alpine. It has cd mp3 and front aux input.
                                Holy cow that looks good! What model?
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X