Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hendrixvodu
    replied
    Here's mine , full navigation "dated but works pretty damn good" , aux , cd , rds , sub out

Night time

Day time

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I think it was the Sonys before that one that MTriple is referring to. I know I did that color change a lot back in the day, and it was something like that.

BTW, Denon also sold the little light bulb condoms, in several colors, so they may be an actual part of something, maybe you could find orange ones

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
    Older Sony's are capable of both green and amber illumination. I cant remember exactly, but you push a combination of buttons to switch. SEL and preset one maybe? I cant remember exactly, its been 20+ years...lol

Great period correct radio!
    haha thanks! it is a great unit; about 20 years old and it sounds pretty good and tapes play really well in it!!

looked in the manual...nothing like that!! there was green rubber that i had to peel off the bulbs, so i don't think it's possible anyway.

to relate, I just repaired the cd43 from my mother's e36 and those backlight bulbs have the BMW amber color rubber on them...hmmmm. It's safe to assume that many units are like this... so if you're feeling like you need a change, go for it. grab a sharpie!

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post

heres daytime... night time coming soon. it was green before i swear. scouts honor. I might end up getting an orange sharpie and taking the red off with goof off or one of those products.

--Mike
    Older Sony's are capable of both green and amber illumination. I cant remember exactly, but you push a combination of buttons to switch. SEL and preset one maybe? I cant remember exactly, its been 20+ years...lol

Great period correct radio!

Leave a comment:

• Ether-D
    replied
    Yeah, I like that. It looks great, nice job.

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied

heres daytime... night time coming soon. it was green before i swear. scouts honor. I might end up getting an orange sharpie and taking the red off with goof off or one of those products.

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• Ether-D
    replied
    Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
    You might be able to change that though. last night I opened up the faceplate to my old Sony Am/Fm/cassette unit and messed around with the green bulbs inside. so on this unit, the screen backlights had green rubber on them. I pulled it off with little pliers, and colored the bulb with a red sharpie (I didn't have an orange damn it) and I colored over the green LED's that backlight the buttons. Put it all together again, plugged it back in...the screen is a bit more red than the OBC, and the buttons are barely visible at night, but I'll tell you, It's a HELL of a lot better than that damned green display. And it took very little time, and was free.

TBH I think the sound quality is better to my ears now because before I was too busy hating it over that green display to notice how good it really is!!!

if any of you guys want to see it I could post up a pic.

--Mike
    I'll bite. Let's see that pic.

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

You might be able to change that though. last night I opened up the faceplate to my old Sony Am/Fm/cassette unit and messed around with the green bulbs inside. so on this unit, the screen backlights had green rubber on them. I pulled it off with little pliers, and colored the bulb with a red sharpie (I didn't have an orange damn it) and I colored over the green LED's that backlight the buttons. Put it all together again, plugged it back in...the screen is a bit more red than the OBC, and the buttons are barely visible at night, but I'll tell you, It's a HELL of a lot better than that damned green display. And it took very little time, and was free.

TBH I think the sound quality is better to my ears now because before I was too busy hating it over that green display to notice how good it really is!!!

if any of you guys want to see it I could post up a pic.

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• kameleon
    replied
    Shame about the blue illumination. That one above has almost perfectly matching backlighting.

Leave a comment:

• federal
    replied
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
    Looks nice, but what brand/model is it?

Mine is Roadstar.. I don't remember the model because I deleted all labels.
    Pyle, sell the same headunit, but this one is blue ligthed unfortunally..

Pyle PLR26MPU In-Dash Receiver with AM/FM Radio, AUX Input for iPod/MP3 Players and SD/USB Flash Readers

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Originally posted by federal View Post
    I've bought this one.. Chinese junk, but it has usb and memory card..

Looks nice, but what brand/model is it?

Leave a comment:

• Cgannon
    replied

Does anyone have any knowledge on the brand Trevi? I found a cheap basic unit with only USB and AUX inputs but it looks basic with the amber backlight. Its a Trevi SDC5715

Leave a comment:

• kameleon
    replied
    It is good you can change colours on the decks these days though.

Leave a comment:

• elbrack
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
    The alpine CDE-103BT. Looks damn slick in an e30 interior. Also, the display/buttons have matching amber lights for night driving.

<3
    Wish they still made that. :-\ None of their new models have Amber as an option.

Leave a comment:

• Neil1138
    replied
    The alpine CDE-103BT. Looks damn slick in an e30 interior. Also, the display/buttons have matching amber lights for night driving.

<3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X