Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m5james View Post

Ignore these guys with mostly base model 318's and 325's trying to preserve their $3k cars as if they're $30,000 M3's lol. Do whatever makes YOU happy. Go back a few pages and see the "non-spiritual" modern tech stereo that I installed in my GF's car that works great for daily use vs the those who wish to stay stuck in the 80's for strangers at occasional car shows. I walked around E30 Picnic, arguably the largest E30 meet in the world, and I didn't once think "OMG, look at their pristine tape deck" lol. Unless it's an trailer/garage queen and/or an M3, who cares!
    Did you even read the title of this thread?
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Suits the interior...based on who's opinion? Yours, mine...who's to say my opinion is wrong? I've made my argument as to why mine suits the interior since outta modern but sits nicely centered on the dash, all while solving the issue of a failed OBC that's all but useless for anything more than a clock.

Comment

I mean, you can choose to be purposely obtuse. I think there are some rather obvious implications on what was meant by "suit the interior" of a car from the late 80s. Why don't you make your own thread for people who want a cool high tech headunit?
        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Suits the interior and looks bone stock are two different things...seems the title needs to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
            That's pretty much the opposite of what this thread is about.
            Sorry about that. I didn't want to start a new thread because I figured the folks who know about ICE installs for E30's would be here.

Comment

Ignore these guys with mostly base model 318's and 325's trying to preserve their $3k cars as if they're $30,000 M3's lol. Do whatever makes YOU happy. Go back a few pages and see the "non-spiritual" modern tech stereo that I installed in my GF's car that works great for daily use vs the those who wish to stay stuck in the 80's for strangers at occasional car shows. I walked around E30 Picnic, arguably the largest E30 meet in the world, and I didn't once think "OMG, look at their pristine tape deck" lol. Unless it's an trailer/garage queen and/or an M3, who cares!
              Appreciate it. I don't want to make anyone angry. I'm new to E30's (despite having wanted to own one for 20+years). One of my favorite things about this car community vs others I've been part of is that everyone is pretty nice and accommodating of different ideas about the cars.

Comment

Hmm not sure I agree with you on that one due to the title of the thread, this head unit does not at all suit the E30 interior, and that is the ask in this thread.

You can make another thread, best Modern Feature head unit for an E30 and this would fit.

BTW not sure if you have seen prices lately but a $3000 E30 is a shit box.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Mark89 View Post
                  How does Blaupunkt compare to the clarion m508 spec wise? Which is better?
                  Bump my question, think it got overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark89 View Post

Bump my question, think it got overlooked.
                    I dont have an answer but I am bumping for hijacking before lol
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I'm considering no head unit and just using a Bluetooth amplifier to reduce components and wiring. I listen from my phone most of the time and rarely listen to terrestrial radio. There's several of these type amps out there but this JBL GTR-104 might be good. Plus a radio block-off plate.
                      • 240 watts RMS x 2 bridged
                      • wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, party mode (multiple simultaneous Bluetooth connections)
                      • preamp and speaker-level inputs

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 RADIO BLOCK OFF PLATE.jpg
Views:	1581
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9882044
                      plus

Click image for larger version

Name:	GTR104a-600x600.jpg
Views:	1531
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	9882043

Comment

The block off plate looks out of place on non centered stacks IMO, but there's nothing wrong with a simple setup as suggested. If I were to go that way I might keep a stock radio in place, and possibly connect it to the amp, depending on inputs of the model in question, just in case I happened upon an area of the country with no cell reception but plenty of AM/FM or wanted to hear some news.

Comment

I love the idea of using a bluetooth amp. I think I will try this and keep the stock head unit for the remote turn on wire but just bypass it entirely at the amp in the back. Anyone else do this?

Comment

The Blaupunkt Bremen installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                              The Blaupunkt Bremen installed.]
                              Yours in the video?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Yours in the video?
                                No.
                                It's one of the first installed.

The Bremen is on Amazon.de now.

Comment

Working...
                                X