X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
    i'd prob try some rubbing compound or paint thinner/nail polish remover to remove that Honda badge. Should come off easily....looks killer otherwise.
    Ditto - but nail polish remover is acetone. And it makes a mess of ABS. It melts it.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    That Honda radio looks shockingly good. Just gotta get that Honda logo off there and it's perfect.

Anyway, I was actually just looking into the subject last night. I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but the Clarion M508 is also an excellent contender IMO. I first came across it thanks to Matt Farah, who put one in his 911. Looks great. Probably what I'll go with. The only downside is that it comes with a bright ass white display and buttons, but if you search on here, earthwormjim has been able to change the colors to match the OEM red lighting.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_020M50...508.html?tp=98

Here it is installed in shootnjunky's E30:

Click image for larger version  Name:	M508 in E30.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	9871160

Leave a comment:

• audiquattrot
    replied
    i'd prob try some rubbing compound or paint thinner/nail polish remover to remove that Honda badge. Should come off easily....looks killer otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    I have and always loved the Clarion FZ102E forE30-E36, but that Honda looks great!

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    WOW.. HONDA radio...

Thats the best I've seen in a while.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    It's nice. But a little too new. Honestly, rather then fighting it, the best deck in an e30 is an old school Alpine.

Leave a comment:

• federal
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Holy cow that looks good! What model?
    It’s a Clarion headunit that came in some Honda cars in Brazil I just put a black electrical tape over the Honda label My previous Alpine

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by federal View Post
    I bought this oem HONDA headunit because of the look, and I’m surprise of the quality of sound.. its amazing, even better than my previous Alpine. It has cd mp3 and front aux input.
    Holy cow that looks good! What model?

Leave a comment:

• federal
    replied
    I bought this oem HONDA headunit because of the look, and I’m surprise of the quality of sound.. its amazing, even better than my previous Alpine. It has cd mp3 and front aux input. ua6bd3bf2459f046004eb77f6808dc8f4.jpg[/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• quasi mofo
    replied
    Originally posted by m5james View Post
    Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.
    I like this option, but I can't seem to find any documentation as to whether this supports Apple CarPlay or if it just mirrors the iPhone screen. Does it support CarPlay?

Leave a comment:

• mc625569
    replied
    Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
    Anyone have a wiring diagram then...?
    They are all here [URL]http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e30//[URL] The various year/make/models can vary slightly and some even report that the eta color codes differ from what they have but these manuals are must haves for any wiring on e30 s Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mach schnell
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves View Post
    No, you have to raw dog it with butt splices or solder and heat shrink. E30's are too old to have someone make a harness adapter. But that's a blessing, because for anyone with "fader" switch will want to bypass it anyways.
    Anyone have a wiring diagram then...?

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    Originally posted by m5james View Post
    Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.
    Problem is the outs are 1V, and the sub out is glitchy as heck....

Leave a comment:

• ARealPerson
    replied
    What is this?

(https://bimmertips.com/wp-content/up..._sport_evo.jpg)

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    No, you have to raw dog it with butt splices or solder and heat shrink. E30's are too old to have someone make a harness adapter. But that's a blessing, because for anyone with "fader" switch will want to bypass it anyways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X