Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mach schnell
    replied
    How are you guys wiring these head units up to your cars? There's no adapter to factoring wiring, is there?

Leave a comment:

• m5james
    replied
    Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash
    It's been fine, I just told her it's NOT a cellphone so don't load it up with apps like Facebook and high usage apps.
    Stream music to it, I only really load YouTube Vanced, Netflix, TVZion and Waze then call it good.

Leave a comment:

• iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol' Thirty Bastard View Post
    Found this headunit on eBay and looks great. Modern touch with a period correct look and it's only 45 bucks!

Can this screen be dimmed or turned off entirely?

Leave a comment:

• m5james
    replied
    There's zero bootup time, basically it goes to sleep and then comes back on instantly. I've been completely fine with 1GB versions, but if you're really worried about speed when swapping between apps, Waze calculating drive times, etc then get the 2GB version.

I've set mine up to where it fires up Waze automatically the second it comes on, then I installed an app on my phone called Hotspot Starter that fires up my hotspot the moment it sees a Bluetooth connection, I fire up the music player of choice from my phone (which can be controlled from the screen and/or steering wheel controls if you have them), then I'm off and running with music playing and Waze on the screen.

GF's E30 325iS - My E36 328iC
    My E38 740iL6 - GF's E39 528iT (sold)
    My HD F150 - GF's E61 535xiT - My E70 X5M
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m5james; 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Also boot up time. If I'm not hearing tunes by the time I'm backing out, it's a deal killer.

Leave a comment:

• mc625569
    replied
    Found this headunit on eBay and looks great. Modern touch with a period correct look and it's only 45 bucks!
    Is this flush mount ? I can't really tell from the picture?

Leave a comment:

• m5james
    replied
    Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash
    It's been fine, I just told her it's NOT a cellphone so don't load it up with apps like Facebook and high usage apps.
    Stream music to it, I only really load YouTube Vanced, Netflix, TVZion and Waze then call it good.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Yep! You're right!

Leave a comment:

• uturn
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Well, the buttons *kinda* do. Oh, and also....your hazard switch is upside down :)
    It's also in the defrost button's spot.

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Thirty Bastard
    replied
    The PO had a Sony headunit and it crapped out on me. So was just looking for something that will work. The buttons do have a "vintage look" about them and it matches the interior. The screen is just the modern touch. So many radios out now look like they are trying to come out of a spaceship. I just wanted a radio that has good functionality that was affordable. the small screen works well with what I need. I'm not an audiophile by any means.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Well, the buttons *kinda* do. Oh, and also....your hazard switch is upside down :)

Leave a comment:

• Rev Run D
    replied
    if only that supported apple carplay

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied

Nice radio, but this absolutely does not look period correct, in any way, shape or form.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    How long does it take to boot up?

also - only $31 if you don't mind waiting a few weeks to get it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983971226.html

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Thirty Bastard
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X