• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boomvader
    replied
    Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
    For sale thread is live:

Get yours here!
    Received mine in the mail yesterday. Install documentation was well done. Followed it step by step without any issues. Works as expected. Great upgrade/refresh to stock radio. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• muppetman342
    replied
    Originally posted by jtheilbrun View Post
    I have the same issue. Mine works perfect in the morning when the car is cool, then after sitting outside in the sun all day I get the skipping cd disconnects
    Hmmmm was just considering buying one of these...this isn't what I like to hear. Is it just a temporary issue, or feature breaking?

Leave a comment:

• jtheilbrun
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    I've noticed mine can be described as a skipping CD if that's what you mean by disconnects.
    I have the same issue. Mine works perfect in the morning when the car is cool, then after sitting outside in the sun all day I get the skipping cd disconnects

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
    Anyone had random disconnects? I don’t know what’s up, I use Spotify so that might be a issue?
    I've noticed mine can be described as a skipping CD if that's what you mean by disconnects.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisbike
    replied
    Anyone had random disconnects? I don’t know what’s up, I use Spotify so that might be a issue?

Leave a comment:

• CalE30
    replied
    Just finished installing mine. It's awesome works as expected. Pairs really quick and works great. Definite must have if you want to keep the stock look, plus there's so much room inside the radio now haha.

Thanks for developing these.

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    Can the stock radio be wired for a lukebox setup? or are these mostly to be ran with stock speakers and what not? I have been looking to buy an alpine, but the stock is so appealing.

Leave a comment:

• jaysterling
    replied
    For sale thread is live:

Get yours here!

Leave a comment:

• jaysterling
    replied
    T-minus 2.5 hours! Be on the lookout for the for sale thread at 6:00 PST.

Also, I didn't mention this before - shipping in this round is limited to domestic (US) addresses only.

Leave a comment:

• the_anch
    replied
    In. I can't wait for this!

Leave a comment:

• Court M3
    replied
    Looking for mine now to send you.

Leave a comment:

• jaysterling
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul-Z View Post
    Will I void my warranty if I open the head unit? J/K

So is this run only for the cm5908? Or is it interchangeable with the cm5905/5907?
    This one is only for the CM5908. The connections are there for the CM5907, but after all was said and done, the RF noise in the audio when used in a CM5907 was too high. But I'm working on the problem and the goal is to get it all sorted out before the next board production.

Support for the CM5905 isn't there because the 5905 doesn't have the radio scan feature, so it doesn't have the pushable volume knob that the BT board uses for toggling sources. There could be a solution involving reaching a finger through the cassette door and clicking a button on the board, but I don't love that, and switching to a 5907 is easy enough.

Leave a comment:

• Paul-Z
    replied
    Originally posted by james crivellone View Post
    this applies to the cm5907 as well? Or just the cm5908?
    +1

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
    Ok, I have a date now when I'll be opening up orders for these!

Wednesday, March 14th

I continued on at work past when I initially thought, but this is the date it begins. So my plan is to post a thread in the "Parts for Sale" section at 6:00 PM PST, members reply to reserve one, then I'll PM those a private link to the website where they have two days to checkout.

Price will be $185+sh for the kit
    Optional mail-in installation will be $65

I'll be bringing the website back up soon (cantalouperadio.com) and I'll also update my first post with these deets. Thanks for hanging in there!
    This applies to the CM5907 as well? or just the CM5908?

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    No I want to buy a deck just to get this!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X