X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SedanSandwich
    replied
    I may be wrong but when you see speakers that say they are 4 or 5 way speakers does that mean that they have 4 or 5 individually controlled tweeters/midrange/woofer?

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    I feel the same way about the MB's, Not enough midbass. My cure was to add 6.5" MB PVI in the door, know were that lil cubby whole thing is, I don't use it for anything so I made it into a box. Fills in the bass very nice, so nice in fact I got rid of the 79 pounds in my trunk. Bye bye heavy woofers!

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    I had a set of Quart 6.5 components in the cabrio. They were almost 300.00 (don't remember the model) I did not like them, too bright and not enough mid bass. I have a set of infinity 6.5 perfect in the Land Cruiser that I got for 208.00 picked up from an ebay seller I had won an auction for my KDC X 889 (which I love) and when I asked if he had the infinitys he did and gave me his cost on. (he makes his money on shipping and gave it up since I was there and had already "paid" shipping on the Kenwood)

Luke, the Kenwood amp that was giving me issues in the cab's trunk is now under the LC's driver's seat and made it the 2200 miles without issue. The Tsunami which is in back and was under a world of Sh*t got hot and went into protection 2x and 2x the front right channel got "hazy" until I made a path for air to circulate back there.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Yup, David, good call. http://www.dualav.com/press/2004/2.html

Discus has been around since at least '91. Was always made in China.

Quarts' metal dome sounds much better if you put a band-aid over it. My bitch is power handling and lack of midbass.

While we are whining about this crap. go take a look at http://www.exilecaraudio.com and let me see you opinions. This is 3 guys from the old days of Phoenix Gold, designing and selling Chinese stuff, but with their own twist. I signed a dealer agreement yesterday (4/11/06)

Luke

Leave a comment:

• DSchultz325e
    replied
    I think the only line that was affected (actually it didn't even exist until the buyout) is the Discus line. It's made in China garbage. AFAIK Quart still runs the rest of their production out of Germany and their quality control has not changed. Nonetheless, I've never cared much for them, seeing as how I could never stand MB Quart's metal dome tweet anyway.

BTW, Maxxsonics is not Dual. It's Crunch, AutoTek, and HiFonics. HiFonics was once a good brand, but now they are turning into crap. I'd assume it's only a matter of time before Quart does the same...

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Edit:

UPDATE: MB QUART is now owned (and fuckin-ghey I mean OWNED) by MAXXONICS, the same fucktards that own "Dual".

Junk, I tells ya, JUNK!

HAHAHA, all of you retards that think Quart is the shnit!

Luke

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWguy
    Jensen now owns MB Quart, do they not?
    No, Rockford Fosgate owns Quart. Paid way too much for them, and basically lost their ass.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• BMWguy
    replied
    Jensen now owns MB Quart, do they not?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Basically, any coaxially mounted speaker with an outboard crossover are "integerally mounted components".

It is nothing more than a marketing term. They are still co-axes.

Jensen invented the coaxially mounted speaker way back in the 30's as a means to make the tweeter and woofer work better together. Back then, when most products were sold as a kit, (where you built you own cabinets) Jensen was the shizz.

Take a close look at most any manufacturers cheap series of components, and you will see it is the same as the co-axes, but with cheaper crossovers.
    Take a look at the top of the line stuff, they are the same.

Leave a comment:

• kencopperwheat
    replied
    The Boston Acoustics Pro and Z-Series speakers are also integrally mounted components.

Leave a comment:

• natorious
    replied
    there is also a third type (which are really nice in my opinion)

integrally mounted components

basically is a component system in a co-ax configuration but the tweeter is mounted over the woofer not through it... and they have real crossovers..

an example of this would be the mb-quart qm-100 (which sound amazing)

Leave a comment:

• bimmerphile
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominick
    nice post!

now what are reference speakers?
    Reference is a product line shared by several manufacturers (MB Quart and Infinity both have "Reference" speakers). That's all. It's not like there's a set standard for clean response and this many Hz with this many watts or anything like that. They just share a name.

Leave a comment:

• Dominick
    replied
    nice post!

now what are reference speakers?

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    AWESOME thread, Ken. I have always wondered what the difference is.

Leave a comment:

• chesster6969
    replied
    Originally posted by LikeCDoos
    How hard is the install with component speakers VS. coaxial?
    Get the premium stereo system tweeter pods and mount your component tweeters there. You can use the stock wiring to the tweets in order to keep it simple.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X