Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86black View Post
    I agree... best $30 mod, however, after about 2 years of perfectly reliable operation, my locking system started to act up. It definitely has something to do with moisture/humidity - Seems to work fine when weather is dry, but when it rains, the car locks itself and doesn't respond to the remote. In wet conditions, the central locking system doesn't work either - unable to unlock the doors via the trunk lock (which normally works). I have to manually pull up the lock sticks inside the car or use the key from the outside - but then the car fully locks itself immediately after. It doesn't matter if the key is turned on (in the ignition) or not - on rainy days, it will almost always lock itself.

Does this mean that the rec43T has gone bad or that there's a problem with the central locking system? I know that disconnecting the unit and putting all the wires back to their original connections will answer this question, but figured I'd ask the community before I go through the trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    I read something about the connectors at the door being affected by moisture and causing this problem. Has nothing to do with the keyless system as I am running a different one (factory) and have the same problem. When dry weather out, no problem... once it gets wet out it stops working for awhile.

I've read you can bypass the wires at the front kick panel somewhere and am going to look into that in the near future. You might want to look into that as well. Bypassing them has no affect on any factory systems from what I remember and I don't remember why they go into the door in the first place.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

found a new in box, 'old' style REC 43 unit with just the 2 button remote on ebay...you can bet i bought it up... $30.20 shipped.

Installed it as cleanly as I could possibly manage, and Boom. what a freaking cool little mod. Trying to source a little BMW sticker to put on the fob (which is kind of like the e36 fob in a way haha).

Click. Lock
      Click. Unlock

muahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaha Yes!!!!

--Mike
      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Installed mine over the wkend, got the 4-button one on eBay new for $25 shipped. Best mod to date. Quick and easy install too
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Anyone had any success retrofiting the remote into an e46 style key? The remote on the r3c 43t's circuit board appears to be too big.

Comment

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Has anyone had success with this?
            /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Anyway to bring the pictures back?

Comment

3rd party here with interest of pics, updated info
                Last edited by rcsoundn1; 06-03-2015, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
                  Did you end up getting this item?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fs88 View Post
                    Did you end up getting this item?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I went with the e46 style key from GE on here. I'm sure that would work fine just slightly different wiring if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Rehosted pictures from OP.
                      Attached Files
                      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Hey guys, had this unit installed for nearly a year and a half now, and I have to say for the money it is the best mod I've ever done. Still trying to source a little roundel sticker for the fob though ;)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

all of the links to the product are outdated, what is the product model or name? I'm yanking my power antenna next week, so I'll be digging around in the left side of the trunk and why the hell not. I just need to know what to buy. Thank in advance for any help given!

Comment

Originally posted by noslolo View Post
                            all of the links to the product are outdated, what is the product model or name? I'm yanking my power antenna next week, so I'll be digging around in the left side of the trunk and why the hell not. I just need to know what to buy. Thank in advance for any help given!
                            I believe it is called the Omega Rec-43 unit. Good luck!

(OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

So my luck has not been as good. Installed and works, but pretty sporadically. Sometimes it works from 15 feet away as it should; sometimes I can stand at the door and get nothing. Hell I can stand right at the trunk inches away, and it won't work, which to me makes it useless. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
                                So my luck has not been as good. Installed and works, but pretty sporadically. Sometimes it works from 15 feet away as it should; sometimes I can stand at the door and get nothing. Hell I can stand right at the trunk inches away, and it won't work, which to me makes it useless. Ideas?
                                Try a different fob (should come with 2)...change batteries in fobs... Relocate the antenna on the unit in the trunk.

I think the antenna is the biggest part. What I did was I used extra wire and spliced it onto the end of the antenna, and ran it all around the trunk. Works really good... About 10-15 ft. RELIABLE range. Much beyond that, it gets a little more sketchy.

(OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X