Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then, I guess I'll give it a shot - I've never done a write-up before, hope it turns out good :)

Comment

I just ordered one, it would be really cool to be able to wire it to the dome lights, parking lights, maybe even a bleep from the horn. has anyone done anything more with this stuff?
      Dan

Comment

also, did anyone choose to buy those 2 extra relays to make sure you dont bend your lock cylinders if you double lock with your key, then unlock with the remote?
        Dan

Comment

I didnt know it was available or I would have. Also, no write up this weekend as my package will not arrive until Monday. Looks like it'll have to wait till next weekend. :(

Comment

They recommended it, but I did not double lock the car before getting the keyless entry and I don't think the key has ever touched the door lock since I installed the keyless entry (got first one over a year ago).

Comment

yeah since i've installed my keyless my key has not touched my door. Also what is the point of double locking, i know how to do it but what is the point?

Comment

I guess I dont even really know what double locking is...?

Comment

regular locking is when you turn the key a little, then turn it back, so the slot stays vertical while locked. double locking is if you turn the key a full 90 degrees and leave it like that. the purpose of double locking is if you want to leave your windows open, and you double lock, no one can reach in and undo the lock from the inside with the pin.
                  Dan

Comment

Cool man... I didnt know that. I guess I've never double locked my car then - and dont plan to either.

Comment

I just completed. Very simple to do. Four wires and you’re done. I wired directly into the 12v at the radio antenna for power. I was always paranoid about breaking a key off in the cylinder, hopefully that won't happen now.

Comment

what did everyone use for the 12v constant power, mine comes in today, and I cant wait to wire it up.
                        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                          what did everyone use for the 12v constant power, mine comes in today, and I cant wait to wire it up.
                          i used the red wire that connects to the antena. THere is a plug that connects to the antena, it has two wires, one is black one is red, the red is a constant 12v
                          Luke
                          98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

thank you!

ALSO, weston said he connected the antenna of the system to the radio antenna, how do you do that?
                            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                              thank you!

ALSO, weston said he connected the antenna of the system to the radio antenna, how do you do that?
                              i'm not sure how he did it, but i'll tell you how i did. What i did was unscrew the antena cable form the antena, then i stripped about 1.5 inches of from the antena wire from the keyless entry. Then, you how the antena cable is connected to the actuall antena, with that little fastener thing, well i snuck the keyless entry stripped wire through the little crack and i connected the antena cable back on.....sorry if it didnt make too much sense, and i am not sure if it improved the reception by much becase i didnt do a comparison.

Luke
                              Luke
                              98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Do you absolutely have to plug it into the antenna?

I mean, what good does the antenna do if it's a power antenna and its down when you exit the car? I'm guessing it still supplies a little bit of reception?

Comment

Working...
                                X