Car Computer Worklog (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR 325
    Wow, didn't see this thread until today.

Nice work James, your car just gets better and better. Wanna trade for a 1991 325i? :razz:
    nah, I don't want plastic bumpers ;)

Comment

how the hell are you gonna expect a desktop PC to stand up to the harsh enviroment of a car? on hot days it will over heat and on cold days itll freeze. desktops, or laptops arent made to be inside a car. ill praise you if that thing lasts more than 6 months.
      ...........and dont tell me im wrong because ive tried this twice with my last car (thank god i was useing shitty computers) and i just kept on ruining them because of the harsh enviromenty that my car went thru every day. ....but then again if you want to ruin a perfectly good computer thats up to you.
      '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by christophbmw
        how the hell are you gonna expect a desktop PC to stand up to the harsh enviroment of a car? on hot days it will over heat and on cold days itll freeze. desktops, or laptops arent made to be inside a car. ill praise you if that thing lasts more than 6 months.
        ...........and dont tell me im wrong because ive tried this twice with my last car (thank god i was useing shitty computers) and i just kept on ruining them because of the harsh enviromenty that my car went thru every day. ....but then again if you want to ruin a perfectly good computer thats up to you.
        Did you even read the thread or do you just like to talk out of your ass?

Comment

Originally posted by christophbmw
          I have buit many vehicle car computers, all specced out the same.

and how the hell do I expect it to last? because it does, and just becuase you kept ruining shit does not mean I did, your not wrong, you just used the wrong components or fucked something up

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone

Nice work James, your car just gets better and better. Wanna trade for a 1991 325i? :razz:
            Haha!!! James and his euroness.

Keep up the good work man.

Comment

Very cool mod, i think i might do this with an old laptop i have with a busted screen. You think it will faire better or worse to the condidtions in the boot (trunk). And by the way, what is megasquirt?

Comment

Originally posted by spencers
                Originally posted by James Crivellone

Haha!!! James and his euroness.

Keep up the good work man.
                ZING!

Looks sick, and as long as its functional... at least you didn't drill into a perfect dash, then you would regret it. Glad to see YOU enjoy how it came out on YOUR car.... :up:
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by robbieosterman
                  Hey, I was thinking you should add a keyboard and mouse PS/2 port upfront, near the ebrake handle.
                  Or USB... then you could plug in anything.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

why not get wireless keyboard and mouse? :)

Will
                    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                    DaveCN = Old Man
                    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                    X