Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a link about my reupholstery experience: Using ninestitch, turn around time was about two months, but I was able to get a top quality custom kit not available at the other places. Don't have a write up but I'll be going back in to adjust some more stuff so I'll snap pics then.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Went nowhere.

Resurrection?
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

I don't know but I'm curious about the Raceland windblocker.

Comment

I'm curious about how he fixed his top not folding correctly. I think i might need new tension straps. I haven't really checked into it but I don't know if the straps can be replaced without dismantling the the entire top or not.

Comment

I saw the link in the cabrio suggestion thread and added to it.

If when folding your top, it collapses into its compartment fine but there's a bit of fabric left that goes over your rear seat, you have bad tension straps. They're riveted in and I don't think you can replace these without taking most of the top off. But if you leave it how it is all you have to do is tuck the strap in on each side. Not really worth the price of a new top.

My top itself is in great shape but the (thankfully) zip in window is cracked and leaking, the straps are shot, and some of my seals are worn. I'm going to try some rubber restore and one of those emiata rear windows and see what happens

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I still have to fix my top not shutting correctly. This is due to a lack of shims right?

Comment

From my experience, you would need to do the entire top to do tension straps. The straps have rivets under the front most part of the top. As for the raceland, I have one and I am going to buy another. For the price it cant be beat. It does not hug the rear seats like the BMW one does, but its also not a few $100 dollars.

Comment

^^That's kind of what I thought. Oh well, I'll just see about replacing the tension straps whenever I replace the top.

Comment

I think I'm going to try this and see if it will help. http://www.e30ic.com/strapfix.htm

Comment

report back because both my verts have this issue

Comment

Originally posted by WarpedRotors View Post
                        I don't know but I'm curious about the Raceland windblocker.
                        I got a Raceland for my car cause of my fiancée. Didn't really understand why one would want one cause a convertible is meant to be driven with top down and air blowing through (i never owned a vert before, so that was my assumption). But on cooler nights, that blocker is very nice to have. Racelands isn't as nice as the BMW one, but for the price you pay for it, it's worth the money.

1992 BMW 325iC
                        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I have a Raceland and I love it. As much as I love going topless I'm not crazy about the wind beating the back of my head at high speed or for any length of time. Between the wind blocker and adjusting the windows, it's perfect and you can't beat the price.
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                          Alice the Time Capsule
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                            I got a Raceland for my car cause of my fiancée. Didn't really understand why one would want one cause a convertible is meant to be driven with top down and air blowing through (i never owned a vert before, so that was my assumption). But on cooler nights, that blocker is very nice to have. Racelands isn't as nice as the BMW one, but for the price you pay for it, it's worth the money.

Yep, I love my raceland. It really makes a difference when cursing over 45
                            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                            (Daily Driver)
                            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                            KW V2 Coilovers
                            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by JWHIII View Post
                              I think I'm going to try this and see if it will help. http://www.e30ic.com/strapfix.htm
                              Let us know if this works. Once I get my vert back on the road, this is one of the first mods i want to try.

Jay

Comment

I have a raceland windblocker, get it. It works perfect and is cheap.
                                Also got my auto top to work but it wasn't closing properly well I say that someone bent a bracket and then apon further investigation some bolts on the frame rail are missing and a arm from motor is missing. I do have a semi auto top LOL
                                1 day I will fix it but for now it's fine and I barley use it because I have a hard top.
                                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                                X