S375 Convertible top, electromech., black
    S494 Seat heating driver/passenger
    S530 Air conditioning
    S540 Cruise control
    S551 On-board computer II with remote control
    S675 Sound system
    S770 Individual series 96 Classic
    S925 Dispatch protection pack
    Nice! What is the story behind it? Recent purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
      Nice! What is the story behind it? Recent purchase?
      bought it over the summer. Pretty much all original, has been a fun car so far. My first e30.

Comment

any updates? on any of you guys cars?? has anyone seen that white m tech on IG the guy is converting to electric using tesla motors and batteries etc thoughts??
        sigpic

Comment

I'm completing a manual swap on mine:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

nice 4.10 LSD?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by francogt1 View Post
              nice 4.10 LSD?

No, we went with a rebuilt 3.73 that Chris' father-in-law built for us. Since we're planning on using the car as a cruiser for the most part and not a racer, we felt that would keep the revs lower at highway speeds and it wouldn't be quite as noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWBrat View Post
                I'm completing a manual swap on mine:

Any evidence of the production number hand written on the inside of the center console pieces? Supposedly the builders numbered the full mtech cars as the went through production.

Comment

Any evidence of the production number hand written on the inside of the center console pieces? Supposedly the builders numbered the full mtech cars as the went through production.

Ohhhh....that’s a great question! I’ll check that and get back to u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, we went with a rebuilt 3.73 that Chris' father-in-law built for us. Since we're planning on using the car as a cruiser for the most part and not a racer, we felt that would keep the revs lower at highway speeds and it wouldn't be quite as noisy.

I have been gathering parts for mine mostly and working on my other 2 e30s. One of the other e30s is done and being sold. A 1993 convertible. One of the final 270 e30s produced for North America.

I have bought, NOS mtech fabric, NOS 370mm mtech 2 steering wheel, euro headlights with morimoto H7 projectors, adapters, and a morimoto hid kit, and an mtech 2 specific stromung exhaust. Ordering a bmw gas tank, bmw replacement dampers, and a lemforder suspension rebuild kit once the 1993 sale is finalized. I am still trying to decide if I want to spend the coin on an e30m3 steering rack for the improvement or just go factory. Finally, looking for a rear subframe to get reinforced and pained. Once the salt is off the road and I have the subframe done, I will have the bmw shop install the rack, suspension refresh, gas tank, and rear subframe with new bushings. Quite a bit but, it make sense to do some of these things at the same time from a labor perspective.

Comment

Ohhhh....that’s a great question! I’ll check that and get back to u.

I haven’t checked mine yet either. I have the radio out right now and have been contemplating what to do with the stereo all winter. Still haven’t made a decision. It is all period correct alpine right now with Polk speakers and Boston subs in a box that takes up almost all of the trunk. I will likely keep everything as is for this year and just get a smaller box given the amount of other work on tap. If I do that, I will be yanking the interior for a deep clean. I will be sure to look then! Maybe they are close?

Comment

I have been gathering parts for mine mostly and working on my other 2 e30s. One of the other e30s is done and being sold. A 1993 convertible. One of the final 270 e30s produced for North America.

I have bought, NOS mtech fabric, NOS 370mm mtech 2 steering wheel, euro headlights with morimoto H7 projectors, adapters, and a morimoto hid kit, and an mtech 2 specific stromung exhaust. Ordering a bmw gas tank, bmw replacement dampers, and a lemforder suspension rebuild kit once the 1993 sale is finalized. I am still trying to decide if I want to spend the coin on an e30m3 steering rack for the improvement or just go factory. Finally, looking for a rear subframe to get reinforced and pained. Once the salt is off the road and I have the subframe done, I will have the bmw shop install the rack, suspension refresh, gas tank, and rear subframe with new bushings. Quite a bit but, it make sense to do some of these things at the same time from a labor perspective.

Wow, that's a lot of investment and a lot of work! (And here I was thinking my lil' ole manual swap was a bear of a job! LOL!) I, too, have contemplated the E30 M3 steering rack. But I think I'm going to hold off for now (still recovering from this manual swap investment...) and maybe do it next year. Did you hear Ryan's putting his M Technic up on BaT next week? It'll be interesting to see what it brings. If I'm not mistaken, it's all original.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
                          Wow, that's a lot of investment and a lot of work! (And here I was thinking my lil' ole manual swap was a bear of a job! LOL!) I, too, have contemplated the E30 M3 steering rack. But I think I'm going to hold off for now (still recovering from this manual swap investment...) and maybe do it next year. Did you hear Ryan's putting his M Technic up on BaT next week? It'll be interesting to see what it brings. If I'm not mistaken, it's all original.
                          Ya, it is worth it though. I want to put some worry free miles on it. After all that is involved and the fact that it will be a fair weather flyer, it will easily go another 25 years before needing to do that stuff again.

Who is Ryan? Is there a link to his?

Comment

Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread

Ya, it is worth it though. I want to put some worry free miles on it. After all that is involved and the fact that it will be a fair weather flyer, it will easily go another 25 years before needing to do that stuff again.

Who is Ryan? Is there a link to his?

Ryan Wild. He’s on Facebook. I don’t think his car has BaT yet. But be on the lookout for it.

Last edited by BMWBrat; 03-08-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Nice ill be in the look out for this auction, always good to see the prices for these.

I Pulled the rear seat out of my DS/Mtech Cloth car and it revealed another VIN other than mine because obviously this is an appearance package car pretty interesting stuff now the label was in poor shape so its hard to tell the last couple of digits but i got someones interior in my car I'm certain it got swapped out brand new at the dealer with a 771 car.

I'll be posting pictures and more info as the weather gets nicer and more things get done to the car.

This summer the car will be registered and i will get bodywork done on the front end and PDR the rest of the panels i will be in the look out for a set of 15" basket weaves love the look of them.

Thus far since getting the car about 2 months ago i have done :

New exhuast manifold gaskets
                              Replaced Engine Harness
                              Replaced ECU
                              Spark-plugs
                              oil-change
                              New ICV
                              Conditioned the leather in the interior to preserve it as best as possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B9EE728-F2B8-4AEF-9853-4101E19E1B28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	7201033

Name:	66B4982F-F12E-4EFA-8416-5F0F57BAC637.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	7201034

Name:	IMG_5720.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	7201035

Name:	IMG_5830.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	7201036
                              Last edited by francogt1; 03-09-2019, 10:00 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by francogt1 View Post
                                I Pulled the rear seat out of my DS/Mtech Cloth car and it revealed another VIN other than mine because obviously this is an appearance package car pretty interesting stuff now the label was in poor shape so its hard to tell the last couple of digits but i got someones interior in my car I'm certain it got swapped out brand new at the dealer with a 771 car.

[ATTACH]126535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126536[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126538[/ATTACH]
                                That's what I've been saying since Wildride owned the car. He thought it was a factory anomaly but having it swapped out at the dealership was more plausible. Now we need to find out if the VIN on the seat matches Robrez's car and see if he has your interior.
                                Last edited by reelizmpro; 03-10-2019, 12:22 AM.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X