This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troymhughes View Post

Any opinion on what fair price would be in exceptional condition?
    We’d need more info to make that kinda judgement in my opinion. Mileage? Year model? Auto or manual? Service records or Carfax available?

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post

We’d need more info to make that kinda judgement in my opinion. Mileage? Year model? Auto or manual? Service records or Carfax available?
      Odometer Stopped at 151k in 2008 engine is original (per seller), Year Model is 92, production was 9/91, manual, I have not ran the Carfax yet, seller does not expect to list until end of this week at the earliest.

Comment

Odometer Stopped at 151k in 2008 engine is original (per seller), Year Model is 92, production was 9/91, manual, I have not ran the Carfax yet, seller does not expect to list until end of this week at the earliest.
        Any service records? Timing belt changed? If so, when? Any other major maintenance done on the car? CarFax will be helpful but know that it isn’t always accurate. I’d certainly make any purchase contingent on a pre-purchase inspection by a reputable BMW service department (independent or dealership).

Comment

Any service records? Timing belt changed? If so, when? Any other major maintenance done on the car? CarFax will be helpful but know that it isn’t always accurate. I’d certainly make any purchase contingent on a pre-purchase inspection by a reputable BMW service department (independent or dealership).
          I will update once the car is officially listed and I've asked a few more questions. I honestly don't think I'm going to pursue it. I think listing price is too high with too many unknowns ($12,995). On top of that I would have to fly in to check out the car... If someone on here is interested or knows someone who is and they have to time to do their due diligence and have the bank roll to make it happen good for them. Even if it's not me I just want to see the car go to someone who will take care of it.

Comment

I will update once the car is officially listed and I've asked a few more questions. I honestly don't think I'm going to pursue it. I think listing price is too high with too many unknowns ($12,995). On top of that I would have to fly in to check out the car... If someone on here is interested or knows someone who is and they have to time to do their due diligence and have the bank roll to make it happen good for them. Even if it's not me I just want to see the car go to someone who will take care of it.
            You’re right...that’s a bit much IMHO. There was another 88 (I believe?) M Technic 1 that was up for sale on here with a rebuilt engine and drivetrain for only $11,900 last month.

Comment

You’re right...that’s a bit much IMHO. There was another 88 (I believe?) M Technic 1 that was up for sale on here with a rebuilt engine and drivetrain for only $11,900 last month.
              He still has yet to list it, I honestly think this example on BAT is better and i'm not convinced it's even going to bring 12,900... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...c-cabriolet-9/

Comment

He still has yet to list it, I honestly think this example on BAT is better and i'm not convinced it's even going to bring 12,900... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...c-cabriolet-9/
                I’m watching that one! It’s up to $20K with about 9 hours left. That one’s going to set a record for a appearance package car I believe...

Comment

This one ended up selling for $31k. Curious to hear if you guys think this is just an anomaly or if these cars can consistently fetch that kind of price.
                  Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Hi all! I was sooo looking forward to joining the M Technic appearance package group when I found this car: https://bloomington.craigslist.org/c...146717750.html

I feel it might be helpful to post a PSA.

I went to look at it with cash in hand and for the price it’s in terrible condition. While the front seats are in good condition, the front seat frames were rusted. The whole top of the rear seat is gone (not just the normal splitting at the seams). There were ants and spiders crawling on the seats and the interior smelled as if the car had sat at the bottom of a pond. The front seats were moved backward to within a few inches of the rear seat by drilling though the floor. There is a decent amount of rust along the driver’s door sill. The car wears several paint jobs and at least the hood and passenger fender have been replaced (or the VIN stickers are painted over).

Just wanted to give a heads up in case someone is interested in the body kit (which is in good condition and is all original), but be prepared to pay for it. The guy refuses to budge on price.

Gonna keep looking!
                    Last edited by Kuhhirt; 07-06-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

HI ALL! I own a 1991 Bmw 325iC M Tech 2 in Macao Blue. She has 105k miles Automatic last 7 of vin: EC27024

Comment

Originally posted by conundrum2020 View Post
                        HI ALL! I own a 1991 Bmw 325iC M Tech 2 in Macao Blue. She has 105k miles Automatic last 7 of vin: EC27024
                        Welcome to the group!

Comment

Welcome to the group!
                          Thank you my fellow e30 driver

Comment

Just got my hands on a manual mtech. The tag expired in 2017 and has a broken timing belt on it. The previous owner passed away so I dont have any previous history on it and the car needs a lot of work. Would a factory manual car be much more desirable then an automatic or even one that has been converted? Havent decided what to do with it just yet. I heard about the car and was just expecting to go buy a parts car but I cant part it out but I dont really have the time to restore it either. Needs a full paint job, convertible top, interior work, and of course the engine work. What should I do? Anyone want to take on a restoration job?

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                              Just got my hands on a manual mtech. The tag expired in 2017 and has a broken timing belt on it. The previous owner passed away so I dont have any previous history on it and the car needs a lot of work. Would a factory manual car be much more desirable then an automatic or even one that has been converted? Havent decided what to do with it just yet. I heard about the car and was just expecting to go buy a parts car but I cant part it out but I dont really have the time to restore it either. Needs a full paint job, convertible top, interior work, and of course the engine work. What should I do? Anyone want to take on a restoration job?
                              Sounds like a lot to tackle. I guess it depends on how much time, money and desire you have personally to put into it and what your eventual goal would be for the car (I.e. flipping it or keeping it as a driver or show car).

Comment

My name is Reyhan Dzeko. I’m in eastern NC. Instagram is 1dirty30. I have a 1991 Bmw 325ic mtech2 appearance package car. Originally auto and now has a metrics built g260 now. Everything has been refreshed by @backyardbavarians on Instagram. If you’re close to NC and need anything done please follow them! Last 7 of the vin is EC26811 Does anyone know how many of these were made? I keep getting mixed information. Some people say there were 75 made in 91 and the rest in 92? Then some people are saying there were only 1000-1100 made total. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Working...
                                X