Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    1. "Freude am Fahren" in CA
    05/1991, Sterling silver/black leather, 5-speed converted Cabrio. EC26825
    Factory leather interior car (no M-Tech cloth).
    -----------------------------------
    Life is too short to be driving a Honda.

    sigpic

    Comment


      #32
      Looks like one got killed sometime recently, and ended up in the Stockton, CA pick n' pull.

      http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/WBABB231XNEC29301

      RIP EC29301 :(
      Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
      @autobahnmotorsport
      '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

      Comment


        #33
        Guys -- I'm intensely curious about these cars and wouldn't mind one someday. I have to ask:

        - how is the rear seat legroom compared to a coupe or sedan E30?
        - is it very windy (for both front and rear occupants) without the wind screen?

        Thanks!

        E46t

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Looks like one got killed sometime recently, and ended up in the Stockton, CA pick n' pull.

          http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/WBABB231XNEC29301

          RIP EC29301 :(
          I woke up so early to get that kit and it was gone. I met the guy who got it the next day..


          1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- Currently Building.. S50 Swap
          1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          1991
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

          Comment


            #35
            Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread - mods sticky plz

            RIP ec29301

            [ATTACH]99644[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]99645[/ATTACH]
            Last edited by KIRIEIW; 08-06-2015, 04:18 PM.


            1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
            1992 e34 Touring- Currently Building.. S50 Swap
            1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50
            1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
            1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
            1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
            1991
            Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
            1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
            1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

            Comment


              #36
              :(

              Comment


                #37
                Fuck. That sucks. Someone scored big time on that. I needed the driver rear fender pod :(
                Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                @autobahnmotorsport
                '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by leegf View Post
                  Guys -- I'm intensely curious about these cars and wouldn't mind one someday. I have to ask:

                  - how is the rear seat legroom compared to a coupe or sedan E30?
                  - is it very windy (for both front and rear occupants) without the wind screen?

                  Thanks!
                  Rear leg room is a joke. Though I have had 2 adults sit in the rear. The wind screen helps a lot, more than most think. I can use my cell phone with the screen a lot easier.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by leegf View Post
                    Guys -- I'm intensely curious about these cars and wouldn't mind one someday. I have to ask:

                    - how is the rear seat legroom compared to a coupe or sedan E30?
                    - is it very windy (for both front and rear occupants) without the wind screen?

                    Thanks!
                    You need to drive mine!

                    Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                    Rear leg room is a joke. Though I have had 2 adults sit in the rear. The wind screen helps a lot, more than most think. I can use my cell phone with the screen a lot easier.
                    It's not terrible... 2 can fit back there and not be completely contorted! I would say that for long distance trips it probably get uncomfortable.



                    S770A

                    VIN: EC29534

                    Prod date: 11.04.1992

                    Auto converted to a manual, black leather interior.


                    Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
                    info@omgmotorworks.com

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      If he's using e30iC as a source, it's not entirely correct. They make it seem as if that was ALL of the cars produced but that's only a few months worth.
                      He is not using e30iC as a source. The production data he quoted is accurate.

                      To break it down even further

                      S770A - Appearance Package


                      1991 model year
                      Automatic

                      White/white - 75 US only
                      Black/black - 75 US only

                      1992 model year
                      Manual

                      White/white - 131 US + 12 Canada
                      Black/black - 7 Canada only


                      Automatic

                      White/white - 383 US + 19 Canada
                      Black/black - 8 Canada only



                      S771A - M Technic Luxury

                      Manual

                      Brilliant Red (308) - 14
                      Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 8
                      Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -18

                      Automatic

                      Brilliant Red (308) - 43
                      Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 30
                      Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -37
                      Last edited by SickFinga; 08-10-2015, 09:04 PM.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by SickFinga View Post
                        He is not using e30iC as a source. The production data he quoted is accurate.

                        To break it down even further

                        S770A - Appearance Package


                        1991 model year
                        Automatic

                        White/white - 75 US only
                        Black/black - 75 US only

                        1992 model year
                        Manual

                        White/white - 131 US + 12 Canada
                        Black/black - 7 Canada only


                        Automatic

                        White/white - 383 US + 19 Canada
                        Black/black - 8 Canada only



                        S771A - M Technic Luxury

                        Manual

                        Brilliant Red (308) - 14
                        Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 8
                        Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -18

                        Automatic

                        Brilliant Red (308) - 43
                        Macao Blue Metallic (250) - 30
                        Sterling Silver Metallic (244) -37
                        Sounds good, the numbers make sense but this contradicts the printout that came along with a 770 car purchased new. What is your source? What is the range of the dates in which you searched?
                        Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-11-2015, 12:34 AM.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

                        85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          Sounds good, the numbers make sense but this contradicts the printout that came along with a 770 car purchased new.
                          That print out is simply wrong. It's not the first time either. Here an M540i brochure which promised 50 cars

                          https://picasaweb.google.com/1010697...61054119645138

                          BMW also promised 500 of these, but built only 484 of them.

                          It also works other way around. BMW promised 500 US-spec E28, but built 1,239 of them.


                          Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          What is your source? What is the range of the dates in which you searched?
                          I went through the entire VIN range for BB13 and BB23 models.
                          Last edited by SickFinga; 08-11-2015, 01:21 AM.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Moved and made sticky

                            1992 BMW 325iC
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Fuck yeah!
                              Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                              @autobahnmotorsport
                              '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

                              Comment


                                #45
                                M-Tech II cabrio registry

                                I know there's a lot more of these on R3V & applaud your efforts of getting a registry going.
                                Nice job on getting the "sticky" - should help the exposure. At Robert's open house in 2010 we had 7 - original E30 M-Tec II's parked together with all 5 of the colors represented.

                                S771a car
                                4. “Cactusjacks1” in SO CA
                                04/1991 BR/MT, original 5 speed cabrio EC04957
                                Factory extended BK leather with Evo/M-tech cloth
                                Third owner, Always a CA car, bought new at Beverley Hills BMW
                                Attached Files
                                [I

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X