X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    as far as the sticky request, what we really need is a cabrio section. that would be the place to sticky this thread.
    Agreed. I looked for one for a minute before I realized it was non existent :(

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    as far as the sticky request, what we really need is a cabrio section. that would be the place to sticky this thread.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    S771
    Reelizmpro in CA
    05/31/91 Macaoblau Metallic/M tech. Automatic Cabrio EC26924
    5 speed conversion + Turbo.
    Los Angeles only - Rusnak BMW
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 07-07-2015, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Updated!

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    S77a
    Darin Schnoor Portland, Oregon
    09/1991 AWII/LW cabrio
    Factory AT and LSD
    Now running turbo m30 +5spd
    Originally sold in Flordia

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    S770a cars:

1. Austin Byrd, Portland, Oregon
    08/1991 AWII/LW 5-speed cabrio. EC05196
    Factory limited-slip car.
    One owner car, bought new at Rasmussen in Portland!

2. Ben in CT
    07/1991, AWII/LW, 5-speed cabrio. EC05089
    Factory extended leather on the door panels only, as well as heated seats.
    Sold new in FL, then to MA in 2008 and then to CT. Previous family owned from 1993-2011.

3. Dillon in NC
    07/1991, AWII/LW, automatic cabrio. EC27356
    Factory limited-slip car.

4. "flyboyx" in TX
    04/1992, AWII/LW, 5-speed cabrio. EC06122
    Factory heated seats and limited-slip car.

S771a cars:

1. robrez in CA
    5/1991, sterling silver EC26672
    All black leather interior (no m-tech/evo cloth)
    Last edited by robrez; 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    I know my 91 brilliant mtech is in ATL, don't think the owner is here though

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Edit, double post

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Located in NC

770a, 7/91, AW2/Lotus, Automatic, VIN EC27356

Car needs cosmetic work. In the process of getting the entire interior reupholstered and then it's getting resprayed. Will post pics once the minor restoration is complete.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    ^^ Was just about to post that sheet myself

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    I've got one of the manual appearance package cars.

Purchased from Chicago, it now resides in New Jersey, I think I'm at least the 4th or 5th owner.

Will update all the other info when I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Badgtho
    replied
    All of the information I found was 1170 appearance cars with 150 being Manual trans.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    If he's using e30iC as a source, it's not entirely correct. They make it seem as if that was ALL of the cars produced but that's only a few months worth. They did not research all of the dates the cars were produced. There were more cars produced after those dates. I emailed them about that but instead of rewording the page, they inserted a disclaimer at the end. The true numbers were covered in another thread after someone found what appears to be literature that came with one of the cars. 150 - 771 M techs and 1170 - 770 appearance package (alpineweiss/schwarze) M techs. These numbers make more sense as there are a shit ton of alpineweiss appearance package cars out there.

Last edited by reelizmpro; 07-05-2015, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Interesting.
    That would mean my old appearence pack car was one of 19 manuals delivered to Canada. It was Black on Black, so probably one of less then 10.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Well, we got denied for being in the registry, but I did get a very nice and informative reply. I never knew the actual 770 production numbers, so that was nice to hear.

"Hi Austin,

We don't cover the M-Technic models on our site, but I have thoroughly researched them and I can tell you the following:

First off, the only true M-Technic edition of the E30 325ic sold in America is the S771 version, as these include the M-Technic suspension, 15-inch alloy wheels and M-Technic cloth/leather interior. The S770 cars were known as the Appearance Package cars and are mechanically identical to the standard 325ic, so they are not true M-Technics. (There were a number of other M-Technic Edition or Motorsport Edition 325i convertibles sold in other worldwide markets, each with a slightly different paint and interior scheme.)

BMW built 150 examples of the S771 cars (M-Technic), all between April and June of 1991, in a choice of Brilliant Red, Sterling Silver metallic or Macao Blue metallic. 110 were equipped with an automatic transmission, and the remaining 40 were manuals. None were delivered to Canada.

BMW built 710 examples of the S770 cars (Appearance Package), available in either Alpine White or Diamond Black. Of these, 560 were automatics produced between April of 1991 and April of 1992 (so both model years). In addition, a further 150 manuals were produced, beginning in July of 1991 (making them all 1992 models).

Of the 710 examples of the S770 Appearance Package cars, 19 manuals and 27 automatics were delivered to Canada.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how many are still on the road."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X