Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Solstice Soft Top & Deck Lid Strut Sale !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    The trick to getting the top struts off is to pop this spring clip free from the neck of the ball socket. I use a metal skewer but a long small screw driver will work as well. Once you get the clip as shown. lift it up then just pop the socket off the ball, remove the clip holding the sleeve and its out.

To replace it, set the clip just barely in the hole using some grease in its hole to keep it in place. Gently lever the socket on to the ball then carefully press the clip all the way down then pivot the clip around the neck of the socket. EZPZ.

Last edited by jeffnhiscars; 07-16-2019, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
    You have a special for those that need just the top struts. I recently replaced my deck struts.
    Sending PM

Leave a comment:

• Shangsta
    replied
    You have a special for those that need just the top struts. I recently replaced my deck struts.

Leave a comment:

• cactusjacks1
    replied
    Jeffs top & seat shocks

I have used Jeff for my E30 seat shocks & convertible top cover shocks. His products, service & shipping are the best! He is a valued vendor for the E30 buffs.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post
    I'll take a set - DM the details with shipping to Melbourne Australia and I will be ready when it's my turn for summer!
    Just saw this. I'll do some homework and send you a PM

Leave a comment:

• Tzantushka
    replied
    I'll take a set - DM the details with shipping to Melbourne Australia and I will be ready when it's my turn for summer!

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    It's most likely that once these are gone they're gone so if you have dreams of not grunting to raise your soft top, reducing the chance of your electric top motors burning out or not having your decklid fall on your head, you can pay retail or buy these.

Just sayin' :)

Leave a comment:

• Summer Solstice Soft Top & Deck Lid Strut Sale !!

Now that its officially summer and our tops go up and down its time to make sure everything is working as it should.

2 soft top and both deck lid struts (so 4 in all) are $89 shipped CONUS. Note the plastic sleeves are no longer included as these seem to be readily available at a reasonable price and not everyone needs them. Note that the new ball sockets have a slightly different retaining clip but the hole is still there if you choose to reuse your old spring clip.

Working...
X