X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will M3 springs work with Billy Sports?

Comment

In terms of cabrio bracing, do you guys recommend a front X-brace or a rear butt/strong stutt first?
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I've run both. I recommend both. But as far as 'bang for the buck' goes I vote x-brace. Do you also have a normal strut brace?

Comment

H&R sport springs and Bilstein shocks. 8X15 wheels with 205/55 tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RS complete 1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7132004

Cheers,

Jim
          sigpic

Comment

Here is my 91 riding on Bavauto springs and Billy sports. The front is too low and hard, but the back looks and feels ok. What should I try next: H&R or M3 or ... ??
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mthaynes View Post
              Here is my 91 riding on Bavauto springs and Billy sports. The front is too low and hard, but the back looks and feels ok. What should I try next: H&R or M3 or ... ??
              I can guarantee you're riding on the bumpstops of those billies, hence the shitty ride. Remove 2/3rds of the bumpstops and it'll ride much, much better.

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                H&R sport springs and Bilstein shocks. 8X15 wheels with 205/55 tires.

[ATTACH]42679[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Jim
                are you on billy touring or sports with this setup?

Comment

Originally posted by jason952 View Post
                  are you on billy touring or sports with this setup?
                  Sorry, I should have said that I used the Billy Sports. Touring=stock springs sports=lowering springs:)

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

so I posted a while back saying I'm probably gonna go for the usual/popular billy and hr sports combo but ever since then I've been seeing more and more posts referring to them as garbage and a waste of time...or people saying later on they upgrade to gc's or a different combo and are happier...

I'm so up in the air with this its insane....and I'm getting itchy about the noisy rear shock mounts and the hard front end my shitty stock setup is giving me.....I need direction/help

Comment

Those of you running GC coils, what rates do you recommend that's stiff, but not bouncing all over the place?

I was thinking 450/650

Comment

I have 475/600 and am very happy

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          I can guarantee you're riding on the bumpstops of those billies, hence the shitty ride. Remove 2/3rds of the bumpstops and it'll ride much, much better.
                          Where are these bumpstops you refer too? IIRC the front struts don't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by mthaynes View Post
                            Where are these bumpstops you refer too? IIRC the front struts don't have any.
                            Yes they do, they're internal. Search for 'bilstien bump stop removal' and you'll see several examples.

Comment

Any help would be nice

Ok,

I tried to lower my 92 cabby, I added the following to what I had

Existing:
                              Blistein touring Front and back
                              Stock springs
                              Stock pads

New:
                              H&R Sport coupe springs (used)
                              e90 Drop hats

Removed the stock springs and replaced them with the H&R's left the struts/shocks the same.

It now looks great but rides like shit.

Issues:

Now new H&R the front springs are almost all the way compressed and the drop hats are riding on the bumpstops. The springs pop when turning slowly and the Ride is not so good, kinda bouncy.

Should I lose the Drop hats and cut the bumpstops? Or go back to stock springs and leave the drop hats and remove the rear spring pads?

Any help would be great!

Comment

When I had H&R Sports and e90 drop hats my passenger side front spring would pop too. My ride was quite bad as I had blown struts though.

I put the e30 spring hats back along with some bilsteins and the popping is gone and the ride is tons better. I'd ditch the e90 hats and see if there is an improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X