• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update, I'll try that.

Comment

Originally posted by mthaynes View Post
      Will M3 springs work with Billy Sports?
      Yes they will

Here is my old one prior to body work and a respray, my ex took it. Shame late build 93 with all options.

Bilstein Sports with M3 springs and stock upper strut mounts, with Yoko ES100's in 205-50-15 so slightly undersized.

Compared to my current Vert. Bilstein with Vogtlands which are a tad to short but not to soft or brash. Riding on BBS RZ378's again with 205-55-15 all seasons.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

^ Your ex took that beauty? I'll help you take it back (whatever it takes) haha. That green vert is nice

Comment

That car is no longer Laguna Gruen, it's Subaru Electric Blue and has a black interior vs the natural colored one it had.

It was a decent car but got wacked by a Bobcat on the passenger door and the portion just behind the door.

Not a big deal that the car is gone, I kept my M3 and 4 other E30's.

Comment

How was the ride on the laguna with m3 springs and billy sports?

I like the height and look alot.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
              How was the ride on the laguna with m3 springs and billy sports?

I like the height and look alot.
              It was great, not too stiff yet did not wallow around. I did add M3 LCAB's to help with tire wear but that was it.

Comment

Update: It's now been quite a few months and the H&R race spring/Bilstein sports has settled on my vert. It now sits perfectly with no reverse rake. I'm not going to install the E90 drop hats as I think the front is low enough. I'll try to take some new pics.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  Update: It's now been quite a few months and the H&R race spring/Bilstein sports has settled on my vert. It now sits perfectly with no reverse rake. I'm not going to install the E90 drop hats as I think the front is low enough. I'll try to take some new pics.
                  I wish that I would have followed your suggestion and gone with the race springs on the Mtech. It is good to hear that they settled and you won't need the E90 drop hats. I am waiting to see what happens with the H&R vert springs but I hope they settle as well or else I will be putting the E90 hats on. I may end up swapping to the race springs later on but I hate buying another set of springs. I guess I could always put the ones I have on the daily driver.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

Just curious to all previous posters, I am not sure if it was covered before but...

Does any spring/shock combo going from full stock to billy/H&r or billy/race or GC coils....stiffen up the car enough to eliminate cowl shake?

This is my first vert, 2nd e30 and I cannot believe how much flex this car is exhibiting!
                    I am debating between billy/race or JOM coils...if I go GC coils I'll save up and just get them in a year.

My purpose is to have a street cruiser that can handle twisties well but I am not building a track car.
                    Also I want my e30 to be low but not low to the point of losing driveability.
                    - Frank
                    '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                    Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                      Just curious to all previous posters, I am not sure if it was covered before but...

Does any spring/shock combo going from full stock to billy/H&r or billy/race or GC coils....stiffen up the car enough to eliminate cowl shake?

This is my first vert, 2nd e30 and I cannot believe how much flex this car is exhibiting!
                      I am debating between billy/race or JOM coils...if I go GC coils I'll save up and just get them in a year.

My purpose is to have a street cruiser that can handle twisties well but I am not building a track car.
                      Also I want my e30 to be low but not low to the point of losing driveability.
                      Nope, but there are several strut tower braces and either x-brace or skid plat braces that will help. Check out http://www.masonengineering.net/Subpages/E30.htm for strut tower brace and look at their X-Brace also. The other one that I am looking at is. http://www.e30motorwerks.com/index/i...arts&Itemid=37. All good products.

Cheers,

Jim
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                        Front
                        Coupe H&R sports,billie sports,pads in

Back
                        Stock springs and shocks with pads removed
                        I love your vert!! Maybe because I happen to have a 91 glacier-blue metallic as well? :D Seriously, awesome car. I think I'll copy your setup. Is there any where I can buy just the front springs instead of the whole set?

Plus, what size are those tires and wheels?
                        Thanks a lot in advance!

Luciano
                        Glacier blue metallic 1991 325ic

Comment

Hi all! New to the forum. Here is the deal: I read that the cheapest, but good lowering setup you can get consists of:
                          1. M3 springs
                          2. Bilstein Touring

Would you agree on this? Plus, where I can buy it online? Any recommendations?
                          Thanks a lot in advance!

Luciano
                          Glacier blue metallic 1991 325ic

Comment

My '91 calypso on KYB shocks and Vogtland springs with e90 drop hats. Underneath is the skid plate and cross brace combo from race skids. This thing looks, feels, and handles so much better than it did at the beginning of the summer. Here are a few pictures (although not the best)...

1990 325i Coupe
                            ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

I love this thread!
                              So here is my car with H&R sport kit, springs and shocks, before i dropped in an s52 (still working on the turbo build though) I am really unhappy with the ride height and stance. The back sags way too low. i rode in my friends 325i coupe with m52 swap tht had GC coilovers with 500 front and 625 rear. My plan is to go with 550 front and 675 rear.

I know that an s52 turbo vert is going to flex like none other, soo My question for all of you is, has anyone thought of eliminating the ragtop and welding in some triangle brackets and connect the rear shock mounts to stiffen up the rear? if it were possible i would prefer to do this and eliminate the ragtop all together.

Also, i was thinking that welding in a half cage without the main loop going above seatbelt harness, or somewhere around there, so you cant see it from a side view, might be a good idea. This would really stiffen up the back for sure.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
                              Last edited by SwiftE30; 10-13-2011, 11:22 AM.
                              1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftE30 View Post
                                My question for all of you is, has anyone thought of eliminating the ragtop and welding in some triangle brackets and connect the rear shock mounts to stiffen up the rear? if it were possible i would prefer to do this and eliminate the ragtop all together.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
                                I have a hard top on my vert and the rag top is shot so I was thinking about fabricating a rear strut brace to help minimize the flex in the frame. I hope that this in conjunction with the front strut brace and either the Mason X-brace or the E30 Motor Werks skid plate will help to make things stronger.

Our main issue is that we don't have the B and C pillar to strengthen the middle and rear portion of our verts so a roll bar, properly designed, would be a nice upgrade also.

Cheers,

Jim
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X