X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone?

Comment

^ Your best bet would be coilovers, like Ground Control or H&R. Then you could spec the ride height and comfort level exactly to where you want it.

On another note: Is anyone running H&R Sport springs for the coupe/sedan on their vert? I thought it might be a good way to get my car lower, as they are slightly shorter and would still match my Bilsteins. Pics would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        ^ Your best bet would be coilovers, like Ground Control or H&R. Then you could spec the ride height and comfort level exactly to where you want it.

On another note: Is anyone running H&R Sport springs for the coupe/sedan on their vert? I thought it might be a good way to get my car lower, as they are slightly shorter and would still match my Bilsteins. Pics would be great.
        Something like this:
        http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=121/CA=68 ?

Comment

'87 vert
          H&R Race/Bilstein Sport
          E30 M3 rear swaybar (14.5mm) with IE poly/alum mounts, OEM links
          AKG poly TA bushings, subframe bushings
          AKG poly motor mounts
          OEM trans mounts

Rides on rails - wouldn't change a thing :)
          Originally posted by alpinaclone
          Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

Thought I would post these pictures here:

Comparison of the stock vert springs with the stock M3 springs (front only-for now)

BMWCCA #389756

Comment

More pictures....and even more questions...finally completed the M3 suspension all around...here is the side shot of the car:

Driver's Side Front:

Passenger Side Front:

Rears:

So...why is the rear sagging? I'm tempted to put my stock rear Cabby Springs back on just to try and even it out...

Oh...the setup is as follows:

All new CABs and bushings
              New outter tierods
              New front sway linkages
              M3 Springs
              Front Stock struts
              Rear Bilistein HDs

Thanks!
              BMWCCA #389756

Comment

The rear is sagging because the cabrios are so much heavier than an M3. Remember, the cabrio has 250 extra lbs over the rear axle compared to a coupe, while the M3 has a bunch of fiberglass goodies that make the weight difference even bigger. You need stiffer springs or it will sag.

Comment

thats strange because my car is on M3 springs and compared to my dads car which is bone stock my front end is alot lower but the back and is a little higher

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

"My cab is running factory cabrio mtech springs (-20mm) and stock shocks."

Boomer and Julien suggested I use the M-Tech cabrio specific springs, that sounds like a great idea to me, and I would imagine I can run Bilstein HD's if they are running stock shocks. Now where do I get new M-tech springs, on real oem.com the springs for my 325I list for 3
                    $300 each never mind M-tech. Does H&R make M-tec cabrio spring replacements??? Anyone here running these????
                    sigpic
                    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Just buy H&R cabrio springs. Done.

Comment

Just buy H&R cabrio springs. Done.
                        Hold on, so witch cabrio springs, to go with the HD Sport or do they have something compatible with the M-tech cabrio?
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

H&R only makes one kind of cabrio spring. It's the H&R sport cabrio spring.

It doesn't matter if your car is m-tech or not, since you're replacing the springs. The H&Rs should be paird with Bilstien Sport shocks.

Comment

???
                            sigpic
                            WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Well that defeats my intention of getting M-tech cabrio specific springs. I want a slight drop, in NY/NJ you will bust an oil pan faster than you will get mugged. So I'm looking for an alternative to Billy Sports.

H&R only makes one kind of cabrio spring. It's the H&R sport cabrio spring.

It doesn't matter if your car is m-tech or not, since you're replacing the springs. The H&Rs should be paird with Bilstien Sport shocks.
                              sigpic
                              WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                                Well that defeats my intention of getting M-tech cabrio specific springs. I want a slight drop, in NY/NJ you will bust an oil pan faster than you will get mugged. So I'm looking for an alternative to Billy Sports.
                                Billy sports are shocks and have ZERO effect of ride height. Springs determine your ride height, and I dont think H&R sports are much lower than m-tech springs. Good luck even finding m-tech springs, let alone a set you want to pay for. Here, look at my car. It's riding on H&R cabrio sport springs and Billy sport shocks:

Comment

Working...
                                X