Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine with the Bavauto e30 vert springs and Bilstein shocks. Wheel tire combo is 15x8 et20 with 205/55/15. Ride is a little rougher then what I've read about on line. But overall I am happy with it.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Nice looking car
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Thanks! Although it looks better in pictures than it does on person lol..

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Would love another vert maybe in late summer. Miss tooling around with top down, if I can't find a decent e30 I'm getting a Z3.

Jason yours looks decent. Late model's look nice but an early car with right wheels and color is just as equal.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Would love another vert maybe in late summer. Miss tooling around with top down, if I can't find a decent e30 I'm getting a Z3.

Jason yours looks decent. Late model's look nice but an early car with right wheels and color is just as equal.
            I was on the fence about a vert. But after owning one, I know I will probably never go without one.

Thanks! I tried my best to keep this car looking stockish but wouldn't mind getting rid of the third brake light and adding a 3 piece Kamei spoiler like I had on my black car, plus a Kamei front lip for the late model. You probably already know my thoughts about how earlies are better looking then lates.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Alright fellas, the front height is killing me. Looks like I'm running H&R Sport springs and was wondering if there's anything that will bring it about 1-1.5 inch lower. I want the fender to sit on top of the tire.

Back sits just right and it has some navy colored H&R springs. I have no clue what the hell they are.

Running Koni SA's on all corners
              Part numbers are different then what was provided on here but it all worked!
              Front: 1210
              Rear: 1026 (Mustang)

IMG_4280 by lorenze torres, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzeTorres View Post
                Alright fellas, the front height is killing me. Looks like I'm running H&R Sport springs and was wondering if there's anything that will bring it about 1-1.5 inch lower. I want the fender to sit on top of the tire.

Back sits just right and it has some navy colored H&R springs. I have no clue what the hell they are.

Running Koni SA's on all corners
                Part numbers are different then what was provided on here but it all worked!
                Front: 1210
                Rear: 1026 (Mustang)
                E90 drop hats will help a bit, though in my researching for my E46 'vert I also found a possible option to lower the front even more. The E90 drop hats are less popular for the E46 because there is a lower option from a company called Supreme Power. They MIGHT work on the E30 to lower it more than the E90 drop hats do.

The other option is a set of E30 H&R Race front springs with the rear still on the convertible H&R Sports.
                Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                  The other option is a set of E30 H&R Race front springs with the rear still on the convertible H&R Sports.

This is the droid I'm looking for. Are there convertible specific H&R race springs or can I get one for a coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzeTorres View Post
                    This is the droid I'm looking for. Are there convertible specific H&R race springs or can I get one for a coupe?
                    Coupe or sedan- there are no convertible-specific H&R Race springs. You will only be using the front Race springs.
                    Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                      Lots of people find BS to be "harsh" and I dont think Ive ever seen a post that says "Konis compromise handling".

Must mean something
                      Red vert is on H&R/Bilstein and blue vert is on GC Coils with Konis. The red car feels inexplicably stiffer over small bumps and transmits more of the roughness of the road. Blue one rides pretty damn well considering it has far less travel, 1" bigger wheels, and 425/750lb springs. And the difference in braking and handling is a joke...

So +1 for Koni's. Superior dampers in every way
                      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                        Red vert is on H&R/Bilstein and blue vert is on GC Coils with Konis. The red car feels inexplicably stiffer over small bumps and transmits more of the roughness of the road. Blue one rides pretty damn well considering it has far less travel, 1" bigger wheels, and 425/750lb springs. And the difference in braking and handling is a joke...

So +1 for Koni's. Superior dampers in every way
                        I just bought Koni FSD dampers for my e46 convertible or is be buying Konis for the e30. All year I planned to make the swap on the e30 to ditch the Bilsteins but the e46 needs new suspension.
                        Patrick Henry

Comment

IE3's 4 corners;
                          Billy Sports & e90 drophats (no spring pads) front;
                          koni adj. & spring pads rear.

Revshift poly subframe bushings rear and m3 front cabs.

Ride is great on stock weaves. Suspension is firm and tight but large tires absorb road imperfections.

Comment

Alright dudes! I need you help. Swapped my setup for BC's and though they look and handle great, boy do they ride terrible.

The rear end is giving me the most pain. It feels like it sharply drops coming off of bumps.

Running 8K rears and 12 clicks from softest.

Should I change spring rates? Dampening?

86ED0624-C9CA-46AC-BF0B-D9935BD411DC by lorenze torres, on Flickr

Comment

Now that I have some decent pics I will add mine. I am running Ground Control 400f/600r springs with koni shocks and stock spring mounts up front.

Also, if anyone is interested this is as low as you can go with the ground control front without cutting the spring perch - total plug and play. I don't need to be super low, especially with the 24v swap; so I just left them like this.

Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Here is my 2800 pound M30 swap car with M3 rear springs and stock upper and lower pads. The front springs are H&R ( non-cabrio) sports with stock strut mounts and I.E. fixed camber plates with about 1.5° added and they add about 11 mm stack height. The rear sway bar is a 19 mm I.E. unit at the softest setting and and the front is one of their hollow 25 mm bars also at the softest setting. I first tried a 22 mm front bar but it had clearance issues with the X brace. I have adjustable end links in the rear but the fronts are non-adjustable stock type Meyle HD. I blew out the stock type rear strut mounts and have upgraded to I.E. heavy duty ones. I have a Mason X brace. Front struts are Koni S.A. while the rear shocks are KYBs. Tires are 225/50/15. It handles pretty damn good and has adequate ground clearance and compliance which is necessary for the rural roads I frequent.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Bearmw; 05-15-2018, 04:22 PM.
                                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X