Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you who installed the H&R Sports/Bilstein combo, did you need Front and Rear camber plates/kits also? I'm going to go this route, but feel even now at stock height, my wheels already have a bit of negative camber.

Comment

You shouldn't need camber kits if you're going with H&R/Bilstiens, the lowering isn't so severe that you're going to cause undue tire wear.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        You shouldn't need camber kits if you're going with H&R/Bilstiens, the lowering isn't so severe that you're going to cause undue tire wear.
        Ok great, thanks for the response.

Comment

Any Cabrios out there with the H&R OE Sport Springs?

Comment

Trying to find springs for my '91 318i is making my head spin. I want to go with the tried and true Billy B8's and H&R Sports.
            From what I understand I'll need cabrio specific springs in the rear for the extra weight of the vert, but I don't want to get the 325 cabrio springs since the M42 is significantly lighter than the M20. So what do I do? I can't find any shops selling H&R fronts and rears separate.
            Does the weight difference between the M42 and the M20 matter much or am I just being extra picky?

Comment

Originally posted by jhippy View Post
              Trying to find springs for my '91 318i is making my head spin. I want to go with the tried and true Billy B8's and H&R Sports.
              From what I understand I'll need cabrio specific springs in the rear for the extra weight of the vert, but I don't want to get the 325 cabrio springs since the M42 is significantly lighter than the M20. So what do I do? I can't find any shops selling H&R fronts and rears separate.
              Does the weight difference between the M42 and the M20 matter much or am I just being extra picky?
              It’s the rear springs that are different. With the extra weight in the rear battery section and the soft top/mechanics towards the rear.

Comment

H&R Race with Koni SA and 10mm spring pads all around. These are stiffer than my old Vogtland KYB setup yet way more comfortable!

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                  HR Cabrio springs, Billstein Sports, Euroweaves with 205/55/15.

Hi,
                  Do you have the part no for the H&R springs? Are they softer than the OE ride or stiffer?

Comment

H&R 50407 - Convertible specific sport springs. Suppose to be stiffer than the OE springs.
                    1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Guys I need help. I'm at the tail end of restoring my bbs rs 047's with BFI lips. I have a 92 318i cab and I'm trying to find the best way to get the car lower. Wheels are 15x8 et26 and 15x8.5 et20, tires I purchased are 225/45r15 and 245/40r15. (I know very wide for a 318i but I plan on swapping it later on) and I purchased 5mm and 10mm spacers.

I'm having a lot of trouble locating solid info on the vert. I know the rear is heavier than the coupes and sedans but I see a lot of people running the H&R race springs on here, some people are even cutting the fronts shorter? I really want the front and rear to be evenly spaced from the fender. I dislike the rear sagging. What I'm looking for is an aggressive stance, about 1 or 2 fingers worth of gap between tires and fenders. I would also like to avoid too much negative camber.

I was thinking:
                      B8 Bilstein
                      H&R Race Springs
                      12mm E90 Front Drop Hats (lower the front a bit)
                      10mm Rear Upper Spring Pad (raise up the rear a bit)
                      7.5mm Rear Lower Spring Pad (raise up the rear a bit)

How close to my goal am I going to end up? Am I going to have excess camber wear?

I would appreciate some help before I pull the trigger. I would love to get working on this by next weekend, which if I order in the next couple of days I should be able to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by papag1234 View Post
                        Guys I need help. I'm at the tail end of restoring my bbs rs 047's with BFI lips. I have a 92 318i cab and I'm trying to find the best way to get the car lower. Wheels are 15x8 et26 and 15x8.5 et20, tires I purchased are 225/45r15 and 245/40r15. (I know very wide for a 318i but I plan on swapping it later on) and I purchased 5mm and 10mm spacers.

I'm having a lot of trouble locating solid info on the vert. I know the rear is heavier than the coupes and sedans but I see a lot of people running the H&R race springs on here, some people are even cutting the fronts shorter? I really want the front and rear to be evenly spaced from the fender. I dislike the rear sagging. What I'm looking for is an aggressive stance, about 1 or 2 fingers worth of gap between tires and fenders. I would also like to avoid too much negative camber.

I was thinking:
                        B8 Bilstein
                        H&R Race Springs
                        12mm E90 Front Drop Hats (lower the front a bit)
                        10mm Rear Upper Spring Pad (raise up the rear a bit)
                        7.5mm Rear Lower Spring Pad (raise up the rear a bit)

How close to my goal am I going to end up? Am I going to have excess camber wear?

I would appreciate some help before I pull the trigger. I would love to get working on this by next weekend, which if I order in the next couple of days I should be able to manage.
                        H&R Race imo are too stiff for the vert chassis but give a nice low front stance but are too dumped in the rear. Race springs with drop hats will be too low, you might asway get bags or else youll be replacing oil pans every few months. H&R sport dont lower enough in the front unless you get drop hats and thatll even out the ride height. I recently saw a vert with H&R Super Sports and the front end was prefect height that I would want, the same as H&R race. You can always correct the rear height with 10mm or 15mm spring pads from an e46ix.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X