Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey whats up everyone? Please be easy on a noob. Just picked up an e30 318i vert and am looking to swap out some/all suspension components. I'm probably going to go with a coilover set up... I need to swap control arms as well. What else should I change while doing this? What purpose do the spring pads serve? I noticed some people removed them completely and others swap them for different thickness? Which vendors can I purchase a good coilover and all this other bushing and control arm items from. Please advise.

Comment

UPDATE: When i got my Cab back it was running H&R sports. Which ride higher than the BAVAUTOs but are a bit softer and easier on my back
      sigpic

Comment

I just want to do shocks and springs. Nothing too expensive, but something that will drop the front a bit more then the rear and improve handling. I only drive my Cabby about 4K miles per year and don't want or need to spend a ton of money on suspension upgrades.

Just some decent shocks and springs that will drop the front a little more then the rear and at a decent price.

I'm running stock 14" weaves and 205's and may go up to 15 or 16 inch rims someday, but I'm not in any hurry to do so.

Recommendations?
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
          I just want to do shocks and springs. Nothing too expensive, but something that will drop the front a bit more then the rear and improve handling. I only drive my Cabby about 4K miles per year and don't want or need to spend a ton of money on suspension upgrades.

Just some decent shocks and springs that will drop the front a little more then the rear and at a decent price.

I'm running stock 14" weaves and 205's and may go up to 15 or 16 inch rims someday, but I'm not in any hurry to do so.

Recommendations?
          Bavautos def drop the front more(compared to H&Rs)
          sigpic

Comment

What are good sway bars to upgrade to for the vert?

Comment

Front is good at 21mm. Rear can be improved to a 14.5mm from an M3 or an IX.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

So there won't be much difference with eibach kit huh? 21mm front and 16mm rear.

Comment

Eibach kit would be an improvement.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

I plan on doing M3 droplinks in the front and 19mm IE bar in the rear
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
                      Eibach kit would be an improvement.
                      But do you think there will be significant notice on the body roll?

Comment

Get the IE or ST 22/19 kit

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                          So there won't be much difference with eibach kit huh? 21mm front and 16mm rear.
                          I have the IE kit - 25mm front and 19mm rear. This is probably overkill, but the mounts they provide are very sturdy. The links, however, are crap and I have bent 3 already since August.

If I could do it all over, I'd get the Eibach kit (and that's probably what I'll be putting on when I get around to installing the 5-lug stuff).

1987 325i Cabrio - SOLD
                          2014 Chevy Volt
                          2007 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by grib View Post
                            I have the IE kit - 25mm front and 19mm rear. This is probably overkill, but the mounts they provide are very sturdy.
                            QFT. I have the 25/22 kit and it's like taking an AK47 to a knife fight. I don't know what possessed me to order it instead of the 22/19 kit, but I'd trade strait up for one if I ever got the chance.

Comment

H&R carbio springs and Bilstien Sport shocks

beejay's old Groundcontrol setup

Groundcontrol Coilovers with Bilstein Shocks
                              Springs: Eibach GC F440lbs, R650lbs
                              Groundcontrol Camberplates
                              Rouge Engineering RSM

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

can any of you chime into this thread:

thx - (btw - nice convertible suspension thread, but I'm not seeing any answers to my questions/concerns in the thread above)

Comment

Working...
                                X