No announcement yet.

The Bentley PDF <-- It's Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So uh.. that's a link to the usual Haynes manual that's missing chapter 7 and 8. Thanks?

Comment

its in a quick loading format. I put a few more things up, same name.
      much faster than a pdf.

I have pdfs of around 15 different e21/e30/e34/e36 m3 books.
      including an html version of the factory manual if someone has free hosting. In fact I think I could put it on free hosting im just to lazy.

that would be very fast.

You do follow dont you? "gee I wonder what the valve clearance is" oh no problem let me download this 152 mb pdf file from rapidfire?

Or just click, click click done?
      Last edited by stamar; 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'm quite familar with the internet. Also you realize it's not the bentley it's the haynes.

The point being the Bentley was hard to find in the past. The Haynes (missing chapters) is everywhere.

Anyway, I'm just nutsing around, it's all good. :p

Comment

Well if all of you beg for several hours Ill put the bently up too. e36, or whatever. Actually I doubt you are familiar with web based pdf readers like that. there are more and more of them though. Is the haynes manual somewhere else on the internet like that?

No the bentley is the easiest bmw manual to find anywhere. Because its a larger file its harder to host I guess.

got the factory manual which in some ways is the worst, translated from german.

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
            Well if all of you beg for several hours Ill put the bently up too. e36, or whatever. Actually I doubt you are familiar with web based pdf readers like that. there are more and more of them though. Is the haynes manual somewhere else on the internet like that?
            It's been on (and off) Scrib for years dude.. The reason it sucks is that those sites aggressively index the PDF, meaning the publisher can find it more easily and request it removed. You doubt I'm familiar? LOL. What gives you the ability to presume this?

What I prefer is to take image PDFs and perform OCR and compression while improving visibility and adding full text search on the PDF. Then, a properly formed PDF on a server that support HTTP resume will download dynamically, meaning you can skip to any page you want and view it just like Scribd or your site. But why, when you can download it all, then perform full text search on it?

Yours is likely to be removed slightly slower since you misspelled "Haynes" in the title.

No the bentley is the easiest bmw manual to find anywhere. Because its a larger file its harder to host I guess.
            Your argument is invalid due to making no sense. I presume you forgot / added too many words.

got the factory manual which in some ways is the worst, translated from german.
            Do you now, wow.

Comment

I have the factory manual in html, and pdf. Its not on this computer. Im pretty sure the html version is a few gb. I have never understood what exactly the html version was for, but I believe it was meant to be hosted on a single computer for a network. Or it is actually part of a auto library where they are all written in html.

It was possibly made this way just to make it harder to copy?
              I think it has some good stuff in it but nothing Ive done so far was helped by it. Actually last place of all the manuals I have ( which is 4 on e30s)

The bentley is the easiest bmw manual to find on peer to peer networks, but the hardest to host like I just did because its 160 mb.

You will find the bentley manual about 10 times as often as the haynes manual in most places you search.

I will host the bentley manual in a minute its uploading now. Takes an extremely long time.

Comment

PS. If I want to quickly know the value of something, I open the book I own and read it. That's an important point. I do NOT promote piracy, far from it.

Comment

I guess you haven't been in the scene as long as I. As far as I'm aware, this was the first place to find the bentley PDF of any of the main e30 sites. I'd looked for the PDF for a while and finally got it from a local guy on CD that he bought from ebay. At that point, this copy was the only one (and still is, as far as I'm aware) of a bentley with full text search capability. Before this post there were only people looking for the Bentley. Also at that time, the Haynes was very, very common.

Anyway, are you uploading this copy or the common one from P2P? Perhaps it doesn't matter if your webhost doesn't support full text search anyway?

Thanks for the uploads, the more the merrier! One thing I'd REALLY be interested in is a top quality Haynes PDF (its not a scan, that's an original document saved to PDF) like your upload but WITH the missing chapters. I've NEVER seen that manual with the transmission chapters in place, sadly.

Comment

Ive had an e30 for 9 months got the bentley the first day or probably before. the e36 bentley was harder to find but I have it.

I tihnk i also put up the owners manual and the electrical trouble shooting guide. The haynes and now the e30 bentley are going to be up.

I do not know of another haynes with the 2 other chapters however seeing as they sell the books in pdf form Im sure it exists. They have a bunch of like first 2 chapter versions they sell, and I believe they actually sell it per chapter even although that might be chilton.

Comment

Note that this thread was started on 03-08-2010.

If I was really concerned, I would scan my Haynes, but I'm not really concerned. I've acquired multiple copies over the years so I have my garage copy, basement copy and clean bookshelf copy that doesn't have greasy hand prints on it.

I only have one Bentley though. It's my "fuck all the pages are falling out, what is this cheap binding shit for a $50 book" copy, just like everyone else's. Probably the best reason to use the PDF instead of the book, hehe.

Comment

I guess you didn't notice that the E36 Bentley is posted in the third post of this thread too lol. :D

Comment

ya the pdg image doesnt have the chapters. although the uploader can make new chapters with an editor on that issuu thing.
                          Dont count on me doing that I wont.

I am not worried about bentley making money Im more worried about people who want to fix their car. Thats who needs help.

Comment

no i didnt get any books from this thread. I did a lot of work on a neighbors e36 way more than i did on my own e30.

Comment

here is the first 500 pages of the bentley manual

limited by the service, only holds 500 pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X