The Bentley PDF <-- It's Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bentley PDF <-- It's Here!

I acquired a copy of the Bentley, and have optimized it the best I could from the copy I received. It is now a ClearScan file, with 300dpi grayscale, fully OCR'd with an embedded search index. I got it down to 162MB, then RAR'd it to 153MB.

www.retrobmw.co.uk/downloads/e30bentley.rar
    (URL edited, thanks to Supertim for finding a new copy on the interwebz!)

The rar is password protected to prevent Rapidshare from examining the file. The password is bmw, and that is also noted in a file inside the rar. You'll need Winrar to extract the file, and you'll also need Acrobat 9 to view this file. Fox It Reader 3+ I believe also works, but doesn't search as well.

Anyone with their own host for this file should download it and host it, as I doubt it will stay put on these free servers for long.

I fully expect that anyone downloading this already owns the book. I do, and 2 copies of the Haynes. Give Bentley the money they deserve for an excellent manual. The only thing it was missing was CTRL-F.
    Last edited by everlast; 11-07-2012, 08:42 PM.

Wow, that's really nice! Thanks! The 318is I just picked up came with a Bentley manual, and I have one for my MINI. I don't suppose you could ferret out a PDF for the MINI, too, eh? :D

Comment

Note that the M42 motor isn't covered in the Bentley, but the E36 Bentley covers that motor well. This is not my rip, but here it is anyway:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11811720/boembi.rar.html

If there is demand, I have the E36 Bentley converted to Clearscan, etc too at a smaller file size. I'll keep my eye out for the Mini. Which model, R53 or R56?

Here is the E34 Bentley too (an older reconvert of mine):
      http://rapidshare.com/files/11879834...Searchable.pdf

Comment

The R53. Thanks!

I'm definitely interested in the Clearscan'd E36.

Comment

I don't think there is any PDF of the Mini yet, having just looked around. Scan yours!!

Comment

Oof. That's a lot of scanning!

Comment

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

/:)

Comment

I downloaded it but my computer won't open it NOOO!! what program do you guys use to open it with?

Comment

Originally posted by E30AWDAZ View Post
                  I downloaded it but my computer won't open it NOOO!! what program do you guys use to open it with?
                  You need WinRAR to extract it.

Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
                  (631) 393 0334 | info@omgmotorworks.com

Comment

^ yep, http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

Comment

Originally posted by everlast View Post
                      Oh and thanks for putting this up dude :)

I have the actual bentley manual for the E30 and E36 but nice to have in pdf format too :up:

Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
                      (631) 393 0334 | info@omgmotorworks.com

Comment

Cool.
                        Thanks for posting the password.
                        (i had missed that)
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

this pdf is a winrar!

it's good to have a more portable version of the bentley. also, it means i can give my bro is bentley back, now. lol

Comment

The PDF is fantastic! Threw it on the phone so I would have it with me no matter what.

Thanks a million!

Comment

HEy thanks. I have the paperback but having apple F function is so much better!
                              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X