X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turf1600
    replied
    If you die at least it will be for a great reason. DBs get no e-cred on the forums.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by zxert View Post
    After a chest Xray I was told I wasn't going to die. Given a breathing treatment to open up my lungs and sent home with an inhaler.
    waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. :rofl:

Leave a comment:

• SilentJon
    replied
    this makes me not want to tuck any e30 bumpers, that'd be my kind of luck

Leave a comment:

• rThor432
    replied
    Man I'm glad that I just took mine off and threw them in the garbage.

Leave a comment:

• TexasTerp
    replied
    glad to hear you didn't die! There a particular reason why you were drill on the top of the shock?

Either way, lesson learned!

Leave a comment:

• bimmerteck
    replied
    I cut the bottom off a plastic soda bottle, slide the shock into it, then drill through the plastic bottle and the shock. The bottle acts as an extra shield and forces 90% of the fluid blown out of the shocks towards the cut off end of the bottle.(which is easily pointed away from you) you still need to shut your mouth and wear goggles just in case but it keeps the toxic cloud down.

Glad your OK.

Erik

Leave a comment:

• zxert
    replied
    Fever is 103 degrees. Getting worse. Missed the E30 meet :-/ Rad.

Leave a comment:

• mRodiek
    replied
    Ahhh damn that sucks, good to hear your ok

Live & learn!

Leave a comment:

• zxert
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    Good to hear you're ok. But i thought that when drilling a shock that was under pressure, that common sense would say stand back for the pressure to be released!
    Yeah I'm totally retarded. But I did learn my lesson. I felt like an idiot explaining what happened to the doctor. "what's a shock absorber?"

Leave a comment:

• zxert
    replied
    Originally posted by expressfish View Post
    Whoa, note to self: where face mask when tucking bumpers on eta. glad you're going to be alright. did you get that shit put back together and tucked ?
    Haha yeah it's back together and looks so much better.

Leave a comment:

• JasonC
    replied
    Good to hear you're ok. But i thought that when drilling a shock that was under pressure, that common sense would say stand back for the pressure to be released!

Leave a comment:

• DÌEGØ
    replied
    damn. good to know, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• e30e
    replied
    That sucks, hope you feel better

When I drilled the shocks we were squirting the fluid onto our neighbors yard and plants.....Two days later; DEAD!/

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    shock Oil is.................well oil. Of course its hydrocarbon based.

but yeah breathing in anything other than air is generally not advisable, as is drilling holes it shit that has highly compressed fluid in it. UNLESS Proper precautions are taken.

I am glad you are ok, and the good thing about this is, you have learned a very valuable lesson outta this.

Sorry to be the grandpa in the room.

Leave a comment:

• Albuquerque30
    replied
    Yeah, I heard a lot about things like that (not exactly your case) but I wore goggles, did it outside, away from my car, and most importantly, closed my mouth right before breaking through.

Glad you're going to be okay OP. Seemed like a scary situation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X