X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke_M
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    The Behr is an old fashioned tube and fin. I got this PF off of Amazon and yes, the pic they show is not a PF but what I received is

Ive seen enough pics of these that Im convinced they are all made in the same couple of factories and that they often use stock pics that are not the same as what they sell.
    I can confirm that they sell PF condensor's. They have a coupon as well. NEXTORDER10 get's 10% off. You may have to goto their main page to get that discount. carpartkings.com

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by TehRaydarlover View Post
    Alright, so new/correct compressor? Is the compressor the only thing incompatible with R-134a? Should probably get a new dryer and pressure switch while I'm at it, pretty corroded.

Thanks for the info!
    Ray
    You also have to change your expansion valve since they are specific to the refrigerant you use and assuming your system is not a mess inside you must flush it to clear out crud and mineral oil or you are wasting your effort and $$. I would also encourage you to get a compressor that was designed for r134a rather than one that is compatible (meaning an r12 compressor with r134a compatible seals).

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Do you have the right type of condenser considering your compressor is wrong? Also if you open the system up, you always need to replace the dryer.

Has anyone used this stuff http://autorefrigerants.com/co00033.htm ? I'm told it works way better than R134 and won't cause black death of your system. Its also supposedly compatible with R12 systems, but you have to evac everything and possibly change the oil.

Will
    Will is right about the dryer and I am intrigued by that alternative refrigerant.

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Alright, so new/correct compressor? Is the compressor the only thing incompatible with R-134a? Should probably get a new dryer and pressure switch while I'm at it, pretty corroded.

Thanks for the info!
    Ray
    Do you have the right type of condenser considering your compressor is wrong? Also if you open the system up, you always need to replace the dryer.

Has anyone used this stuff http://autorefrigerants.com/co00033.htm ? I'm told it works way better than R134 and won't cause black death of your system. Its also supposedly compatible with R12 systems, but you have to evac everything and possibly change the oil.

Will

Leave a comment:

• TehRaydarlover
    replied

Thanks for the info!
    Ray

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Alright so I bought a recharge kit and hooked it up to check the current system pressure, it was at around 60psi at an ambient temperature of 75F according to the chart supplied with the kit that is too high, should be around 45psi. I did some testing. Running at idle the compressor would turn on and off periodically. When running at 3k RPM the compressor would engage and disengage almost immediately. Could this be cause by the system being overcharged, pressure switch immediately trips turning the compressor off. (at least that's how I think it works?) Also when the compressor does engage its pretty loud, makes me think it could be the original and the R-134a isn't playing nice with the lubricant for the compressor.

Ray
    If it is cutting out that would be from low pressure since the high pressure cut out is set for 300psi. If someone just put in r134a without flushing changing the oil ( as well the expansion valave and dryer) then yes, in all likelihood your system is fu#@*ed. The one missing detail is your high pressure reading. My suspicion is that your suction side is too high and that your high side will be too low which is a sign that your compressor is not happy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X