Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EtaDriven
    replied
    Well after a few months (as expected) the nice "new" finish has faded off considerably.. TBH it still looks a little better than it did in places, and I didn't really expect a permanent fix or anything so I'm still pretty happy.
    How she currently sits:

That 303 looks incredible on the interior stuff. I may have to try that sometime too.. ;D

Leave a comment:

• c0rbin9
    replied
    +1 on the 303 for interior plastics. I've recently done some research on the best stuff to use and it comes highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Roadrunner
    replied
    Your before and afters look great! :up:

Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post
    Is there anything like this that you can do to the interior like dash, center console, etc to replenish it and make it less brittle and squeaky?
    303 Aerospace Protectant worked really well for treating my dashboard and any interior vinyl (centre console, door cards, etc.). It soaked in easily and made everything look "healthier" for lack of a better word, without looking too shiny. It looks just as nice and glossy over a month later. I didn't get before and after pictures, but it also worked well on the exterior black plastic trim.

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post

Before and after. Worked like a charm. Now I want to wipe it everywhere that looks old and hope for another miracle.
    Looks great man. The drains near the windshield wipers, door handles, little black rings around the door locks all will benefit from it.. I haven't come across something for the interior thats been amazing so far.

Leave a comment:

• Mahalaleel
    replied

Before and after. Worked like a charm. Now I want to wipe it everywhere that looks old and hope for another miracle.
    Last edited by Mahalaleel; 10-25-2016, 02:00 PM. Reason: Dammit huge images

Leave a comment:

• Mahalaleel
    replied
    Is there anything like this that you can do to the interior like dash, center console, etc to replenish it and make it less brittle and squeaky?

Leave a comment:

• Mahalaleel
    replied
    I'm doing this tomorrow. All my plastics are grey, faded, or white from someone doing who knows what.

Leave a comment:

• rustneversleeps
    replied
    great write up will try it tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by EtaDriven View Post
    I did the bumper trim and grill, and right off it looks much fresher than it was.
    BEFORE:

AFTER:

I guess this is kind of old news seeing how good it works, but the real interesting stuff will be seeing how it holds up, as my car sits in the sun (nearly) all day. ;)
    Keep us updated. Im curious how it will hold up to the sun all day

Leave a comment:

• EtaDriven
    replied
    I did the bumper trim and grill, and right off it looks much fresher than it was.
    BEFORE:

AFTER:

I guess this is kind of old news seeing how good it works, but the real interesting stuff will be seeing how it holds up, as my car sits in the sun (nearly) all day. ;)

Leave a comment:

• c0rbin9
    replied
    This worked great, but I found that it attracted a lot of dust, particularly on the underhood plastics.

Leave a comment:

• EtaDriven
    replied
    I'm going to give it a try on some bumper trim pieces, thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    just bumping this for people who arent aware. It costs about $10 total at home depot, and youll never need to buy any more in your lifetime if you keep track of it. Works on any plastic (ideally plastic that hasnt been painted, and is its natural color)

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
    what happens with a wash? does it smear onto paint or surrounding areas? just curious.
    It doesnt really smear off during a wash because you remove it all when applying. The mixture reacts with plastic to make it look darker, not so much you leaving a thin layer of it on the plastic. If that makes sense

Leave a comment:

• d_elson0
    replied
    what happens with a wash? does it smear onto paint or surrounding areas? just curious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X