Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aahj
    replied
    Just put mine in today, does the same thing as well and seems like they make the racks a tad tight when they rebuild them. I'll give it a few weeks for it to break in and see if it helps at all.

Leave a comment:

• Landrunner
    replied
    Just had this done, what a difference! I did a new steering yoke, refurbished e36 rack, new steering pump, all new lines, and a new reservoir. It takes a tiny bit of driver input to get the steering wheel to center after a light turn, nothing crazy. Is this normal?

Leave a comment:

• ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD
    replied
    Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD View Post
    Just a quick question though. As I've never done this myself before, to take out the inner tie rods you can simply use vise grips and they just pop off? I'm replacing mine but I didn't know if this method was correct or not. Seems a bit brute.

Leave a comment:

• ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD
    replied
    Damn this threads been kickin for a long time. Thanks OP for starting this all. I used this to do my swap. Just waiting for my spacers to come in and I'll be done. Will definitely post results.

Just a quick question though. As I've never done this myself before, to take out the inner tie rods you can simply use vise grips and they just pop off? I'm replacing mine but I didn't know if this method was correct or not. Seems a bit brute.

Leave a comment:

• cobraken
    replied
    Originally posted by Aahj View Post
    Ok, I've done some research and am still a bit confused and don't have time to go through 47 pages on this thread.

Just received my Z3 rack and a set of new E30 outer tie rods. My remaned rack comes complete with rack boots and inner tie rods. I don't see how these E30 outer tie rods will work with the inner tie rods on this Z3 rack. Am I missing something?

Do I need to remove the stock Z3 inners tie rods and install E30 tie rods instead? Or send back my E30 outer tie rods and get some E36 outer tie rods to mate to this rack?

Thanks y'all,
    Aahj
    Remove inner and outer. Replace with either all Inner and outer E30 or all inner and outer E36. Since you have E30 Outers you will need e30 inner tie rods. Good luck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X