Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by volgapower
    I Got 1 Question: why do US 30s have such a huge ugly front bumpers?
    They were created to meet US regulations at the time (1980's) for front and rear impact safety standards. IMO, this is one of the biggest things that BMW ever dropped the ball on, was making something so ugly to go on such a great looking car.

Comment

quick question about the side mounts for plastics, which way do they go on the bumper, do the tabs face the front or the back of the car?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
        quick question about the side mounts for plastics, which way do they go on the bumper, do the tabs face the front or the back of the car?
        oem setup requires bumpers to slide into em, so, pointing at bumper shocks. .

Comment

I've read through this thread and there is one question that remains unanswered. I like the euro bumper look more than the plastic bumper look. Will an early set of euro cabrio bumpers bolt up to a post-face lift car? i wonder what impact this would have to valence choices.

Basically, these bumpers onto an 88+. This guy has an mtech 1 setup for the lower arches. That would be cool.

I ask because I'm going to look at a 3rd e30 tonight. This one is an 88 Seta.
          1989 e30 M3

Comment

Originally posted by bleached View Post
            I've read through this thread and there is one question that remains unanswered. I like the euro bumper look more than the plastic bumper look. Will an early set of euro cabrio bumpers bolt up to a post-face lift car? i wonder what impact this would have to valence choices.
            They should be fine, cabrio bumpers are no different than standard late-model bumpers, as they share the same size rear wheel arches. However if you have the late-model front valence, there's going to be a substantial gap between the top of the valence and the underside of the bumper. You'll either have to run the stock euro front valence, or something like an M-Tech I.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
              They should be fine, cabrio bumpers are no different than standard late-model bumpers, as they share the same size rear wheel arches. However if you have the late-model front valence, there's going to be a substantial gap between the top of the valence and the underside of the bumper. You'll either have to run the stock euro front valence, or something like an M-Tech I.
              I'll second that, Euro bumpers are much skinnier than plastics,
              that's what creates the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                There would be so much work, dont do it. Youd have to ruin the mtech rear and as rare as they are that would be a shame. There are replica Mtec2 kits that fit the early body.
                Links ?? I am really just looking for a rear valance of ANY kind to cover the spare tire / empty area ...for my early e30.
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  Links ?? I am really just looking for a rear valance of ANY kind to cover the spare tire / empty area ...for my early e30.
                  Racing Dynamics is the home of special suspension parts including sway bar kits and strut braces for BMW, MINI and Porsche automobiles for over 28 years.

Body kits are our specialty! More than 45 brands of body kits all in one store. We sell carbon fiber hoods, lambo doors, and ground effects.

Last edited by fporro; 01-18-2007, 12:24 PM.

Comment

how can you put a rear apron on a carbrio? dont they go with the body its self?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerboy91 View Post
                      how can you put a rear apron on a carbrio? dont they go with the body its self?
                      I screwed a Racing Dynamics apron to bottom of rear plastic bumper, it worked on my 1987 325iC Zinno during diving board delete

Comment

late model valence

How do you remove the late model valence from an 89 325iS?

Comment

sawzallyouneed (for rear)

Comment

all of the parrts in those kits always look lik ehty only fit plastic bumper cars(late model). I have searcehd a lot to try and find parts for early modeldiving board e30's and most all of the results show stuff like that that says it fits '84-'91. how can these parts possibly fit all the cars when there is such a difference in the bumpers?

Comment

can we get some pictures of euro bumpers over the early US valence, aka the dead linked pictures Ryan originally posted?

Comment

here is an 87 db bumper to a 90 convertible shock swap , tucks the bumpers a bit .
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X