No announcement yet.

Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, BMA also offers a short shift kit.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

^ Sorry, I meant BMA (edited) - that's the one I looked at, and @ $95 it's priced more than the individual pieces in there. But if it's the real deal, complete with all that's needed, then should be ok, no?
      Last edited by RecycledTeen; 02-18-2011, 04:55 PM.
      Dave
      -----
      (OO=[][]=OO)
      _E30 FAN_

My E30's

Comment

Originally posted by RecycledTeen View Post
        ^ Sorry, I meant BMA (edited) - that's the one I looked at, and @ $95 it's priced more than the individual pieces in there. But if's the real deal, complete with all that's needed, then should be ok, no?
        Pardon my memory but I dont remember the cost of it all as it was about 2.5 years ago. I got the knob from Tisher and the shifter/bushings from BMA.

I think I paid $60 and even at $65 well worth it!

COTM

Comment

What would you guys recommend for a g240 trans? I'm thinking going with the Z4 2.5?

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
            Copied this from my post, I also have an X5 shifter on mine.

Short clip of the shifter travel in my E30 24v.Note, this is with the Getrag 250. I'm now rocking a ZF 320 box, will make a video in the future.

Z3 on the left, X5 on the right.

It's perfect, its a tad shorter than the Z3 1.9 Lever but not even close to being as knotchy as the Z4 levers are. Its a good 1" - 1.5" taller than the Z3 lever. I also have the UUC double shear rod installed so everything is nicely weighted now. Also, I had to shave down the area where the lever slides into the uuc rod because it was slightly wider than the Z3, you should be able to see it in the pics above.

Real MEN have erect shift levers!

I had the X5 3.0i lever in my E34 M5 and it was very nice. I just can't fathom why people think digging in the transmission tunnel makes for a better shift???? The lest time your hand is off the wheel, the better.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
              What would you guys recommend for a g240 trans? I'm thinking going with the Z4 2.5?
              I have not a Z4 3.0

I can get you pics of how lever sit from horizontal view

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                I have not a Z4 3.0

I can get you pics of how lever sit from horizontal view
                You have a z4 3.0?

Yeah, pics would be nice.

Comment

Thanks for all the posts guys. I know what I'm gonna go with now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Real MEN have erect shift levers!

I had the X5 3.0i lever in my E34 M5 and it was very nice. I just can't fathom why people think digging in the transmission tunnel makes for a better shift???? The lest time your hand is off the wheel, the better.
                    Haha, my thoughts exactly!! On the track its fucking awesome.
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      Copied this from my post, I also have an X5 shifter on mine.

Short clip of the shifter travel in my E30 24v.Note, this is with the Getrag 250. I'm now rocking a ZF 320 box, will make a video in the future.

Z3 on the left, X5 on the right.

It's perfect, its a tad shorter than the Z3 1.9 Lever but not even close to being as knotchy as the Z4 levers are. Its a good 1" - 1.5" taller than the Z3 lever. I also have the UUC double shear rod installed so everything is nicely weighted now. Also, I had to shave down the area where the lever slides into the uuc rod because it was slightly wider than the Z3, you should be able to see it in the pics above.
                      Does the X5 need to be bent, or straightened ? for the E30 is the photo of stk shifter? Thnx
                      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Man this thread is nice. I have a few questions if someone has the time.

1. What shifter parts need to be replaced. Just the plastic shell bushing's? What needs to be bent?

2. What is cost effective over stock? Can I expect to do a swap for less than 100 dollars if I Pull the part myself?

thanks aiplanecar8

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                          Does the X5 need to be bent, or straightened ? for the E30 is the photo of stk shifter? Thnx
                          Yes, and it's not hard! Stick the ball and pin in a protected vise grips. Stick a pipe on the other side and push... That's it!
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I pulled the trigger on those $36 shipped ebay ones, installed it today and it is great. It's a bit notchy and not OEM smooth, but throws are short. I am running E36 M3 tranny with a S52, I had previously shortened my shifting arm and selector rod. That made my stock M42 shifter EXTRA long throws. So now after this ebay shifter install, i'm very happy.

install pointers; the two polyurethane bushings that came with it were too thick, so i wasnt able to insert the snap ring back on the selector rod without shaving its side down. the rest was easy.

Comment

I accept with M Roadster SSK
                              1x . . . 25 11 2 228 384 - M Roadster Shift Lever
                              4x . . . 25 11 1 220 439 - Spacer Rings (two extra)
                              1x . . . 25 11 1 220 832 - Rubber Bearing sleeve (could be replaced with UUC Delrin Bushings)
                              2x . . . 25 11 1 220 379 - Circlips $0.50 (one extra)
                              1x . . . 25 11 1 220 600 - Nylon Shift Bushing - $4.00
                              linkbuilding service
                              linkbuilding services
                              link building services

Comment

Just installed the AKG Quickshift in E30 #1. It is awesome. If you have the means...I highly suggest you try one.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X