Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dougie30
    replied
    Thank you! but im not sure what the "elephant trunk" is? sorry im a noob. also are you talking about the grills were the wiper is? because they arent clogged and my floor is pretty wet and is just adding to the already pretty bad rust...please help

Leave a comment:

• Gerta
    replied
    Dougie - front carpet passenger is typically the elephant trunk. Driver side is commonly clogged grills below windshield.

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
    Thanks, but is it possible if those drains are clogged it would make my front carpets wet?
    any one

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    Thanks, but is it possible if those drains are clogged it would make my front carpets wet?

Leave a comment:

• audiquattrot
    replied
    haha damn dude you were spot on. yes a RI car and yes where the QP meets the floor board is rusted through on BOTH sides...
    lol sorry to hear. see it too often g/l sorting it out

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
    RI car? Do you have significant amt of rust on the car? My money is that the area where the wheel well and the floor of the car meet is rusted thru.

see pics in the link below (under front carpet) & most likely visible behind the front wheels

haha damn dude you were spot on. yes a RI car and yes where the QP meets the floor board is rusted through on BOTH sides...

Leave a comment:

• audiquattrot
    replied
    ok so 2 questions, could these drains being clogged make my front drivers side and passengers side floor wet?

and (noob question) were and what is a rocker?
    RI car? Do you have significant amt of rust on the car? My money is that the area where the wheel well and the floor of the car meet is rusted thru.

see pics in the link below (under front carpet) & most likely visible behind the front wheels

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    ok so 2 questions, could these drains being clogged make my front drivers side and passengers side floor wet?

and (noob question) were and what is a rocker?

Leave a comment:

• VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
    For my battery tray, I was getting a huge leak after every storm. Turns out the drain plug on the bottom of the tray broke off and left a huge hole right in the bottom of my trunk. Luckily, one bolt, 2 washers, some silicon black, a nut, and a little of rattle can job of black paint later, the leak is no more.. I'll check again after the rain lets up to see if ive diagnosed these problems fully.
    So here you're saying essentially that there was a hole in the bottom of the trunk where water was coming in? How is this even possible for water to come in from below where the battery is, if it would just drain out that hole.

Leave a comment:

• JinormusJ
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^
    I've been having the same problem in my trunk.. Both side trunk trays were filled; jack and battery side.
    Turns out my problem on the jack side was a lack of aN antenna grommet. Since my antenna didnt work, I just took that thing out and taped it up with electrical tape while I wait for Jaywood's plug to come in. It still leaks though, but I've sourced the problem to my trunk weatherstripping. There's no silicone, so it's letting in water drips from time to time. Not an alarming amount, maybe a drip here or there every 10 minutes, but still enough to set my OCD sensors off lol

For my battery tray, I was getting a huge leak after every storm. Turns out the drain plug on the bottom of the tray broke off and left a huge hole right in the bottom of my trunk. Luckily, one bolt, 2 washers, some silicon black, a nut, and a little of rattle can job of black paint later, the leak is no more.. I'll check again after the rain lets up to see if ive diagnosed these problems fully.

Leave a comment:

• audiquattrot
    replied
    i was getting water in the trunk (both underneath the battery) & the jack side. Pool of it.

Turns out 95% of it was coming in from the plastic grommets that hold the C-pillar trim in place. It was such a miniscule gap in the grommet, but was enough to fill up that trunk in one rain storm.

The other source of water I figured out (on the battery tray side)....was the gas door lock area. When you open the gas door, you'll see this black rubber stopper (held in w/ 2 philips screws). I took a hose to it...and good enough water was coming in from there.

Leave a comment:

• oysrell
    replied
    Big trouble around the fan housing through the firewall. Could crack seal fix it? I have tried silicone, works a while... but suddenly its wet under the carpet again
    Last edited by oysrell; 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oysrell
    replied
    Same problem !

Originally posted by Philo View Post
    I have the same thing from time to time. I think it's a leak around the heater core.

I have tried to fix this leak twice now. From the inside and the outside.

I have used a silicone thing. and it seems to be ok for a little while before it start leaking again.

I live in Norway, and it rains a lot so I am desperate to get a fix for this.

I have once taken out the dash to take a look. And Can not say I want to take it out once more !

Leave a comment:

• Gerta
    replied
    That is a cheap fix ....

Leave a comment:

• Striker01
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerta View Post
    Striker,

Is there a fix that you found? R/R the trunk seal?

Host that pic on photobucket or what have you so we can see ...

Haven't tried to fix it yet, my driveway slopes up and I just don't back-up it anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X