X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by NLM Hollywood View Post
    Like many, I also have E30 water issues and although I don't have the problem solved yet, I have pulled the interior and partially identified where the water is leaking in. I've pulled apart the area under the wipers and identified there really wan't much of any dirt/debris in there. I did add an elephant trunk as mine was missing and this has changed nothing. Tempted to say my issue has got to be the rocker panel drains (or lack of) too. I'll include my pics as they may be useful for others.

Drivers side

Pass side
    Yours look to be coming from up above, as you can see the water running down the footwell/firewall.
    Dry it out, and climb inside the car with a flashlight shining up above the pedals" have someone pour a bucket of water slowly into the grill under the window on the drivers side and see if that finds it. If it doesn't, pour a bucket on the windshield on the drivers side.

Leave a comment:

• schtozo
    replied
    Guys where are these rocker drains????? Please

Leave a comment:

• NLM Hollywood
    replied
    Like many, I also have E30 water issues and although I don't have the problem solved yet, I have pulled the interior and partially identified where the water is leaking in. I've pulled apart the area under the wipers and identified there really wan't much of any dirt/debris in there. I did add an elephant trunk as mine was missing and this has changed nothing. Tempted to say my issue has got to be the rocker panel drains (or lack of) too. I'll include my pics as they may be useful for others.

Drivers side

Pass side

Leave a comment:

• schtozo
    replied
    im desperate to know the location of these rocker drains op mentions.. any pics of the little perforations in the sheet metal? I'm having a strange leak only in the rear right footwell area. i did some tests and found out that it was leaking from the windsail grommets holes into the wheel arch and into the rear footwell area if car was parked looking down, here are the pics

See the water drop in the rear hole

i did take the trim piece out and so the grommets, they were destroyed, i filled the holes with black rtv and inserted rubber bumps from an auto part plus taped over them to discard the leak they were causing. the leak stopped from there with the hose test. but for my surprise the next couple of days the carpet was soaked again!!
    I'm now thinking it might be the rocker drains, i did plastidip my rockers a month ago moreorless, and the problem started about the same time i figured later after reading this [post, and thought the plastidip may have covered the perforations...

any help is greatly appreciated guys, pics would be awesome

Leave a comment:

• iwantspeed
    replied
    I traced down a 4th leak.
    ac grommet for the ac lines on the passenger side of the car behind the glovebox, next to the hood hinge.
    old

purchased a new gasket through Irvine Bmw.

old vs new

new, almost done lining it up.

Leave a comment:

• iwantspeed
    replied
    update

ac heater core has 2 metal pipes that run through the firewall on the driver side beside the brake booster.
    i traced a water leak when it rained to this area.

remove the old seal and remember which orientation it goes it, kind of a weird shape.

new gasket, ordered through Irvine Bmw dealer, order was sent out to Germany for the part to be special ordered.

new vs old

Leave a comment:

• cro320
    replied
    what about passenger side leak when sunroof tubes are cleaned and elephant trunk removed?

Leave a comment:

• cncmastr
    replied
    I have water pooling in the jack well of my car. I have no sunroof and I checked the trunk seals and replaced both tail-light gaskets. The bottom of the well looks like it has some kind of silicon sealant, but no vent hole on the bottom. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Under the grill, by the wiper linkage.

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
    Does anyone have a pic of what its supposed to look like inside the grills?
    Mine looks to have seam sealer that has dried and cracked....or some shit like it. If i pour water in there on the drivers side, i get water running into the drivers footwell from the seam area were the firewall meets the side of the car.
    Is the seam sealer the issue?

The passenger side looks smooth and intact.
    that is probably whats wrong with mine because only the drivers side footwell gets wet. could you be more specific on were this seam is? is it under the grill thing? or in the engine bay?

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Does anyone have a pic of what its supposed to look like inside the grills?
    Mine looks to have seam sealer that has dried and cracked....or some shit like it. If i pour water in there on the drivers side, i get water running into the drivers footwell from the seam area were the firewall meets the side of the car.
    Is the seam sealer the issue?

The passenger side looks smooth and intact.
    Last edited by Todd Black 88; 05-26-2012, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerta View Post
    Ok … they are the air intake pleniums that are on your cowl right below your windshield. leaves and junk gets in there and traps them causing a leak.
    Where do they drain out of in there? I see no actual drains in there.

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    well i took mine off and there wasnt anything in them, i was wondering if it could be my sun roof but im not sure, i reallly need to fix this tho.

Leave a comment:

• Gerta
    replied
    Ok … they are the air intake pleniums that are on your cowl right below your windshield. leaves and junk gets in there and traps them causing a leak.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerta View Post
    Dougie - front carpet passenger is typically the elephant trunk. Driver side is commonly clogged grills below windshield.
    Clogged grills?
    Explain please, as i have found wet drivers side carpet this year.:(

Leave a comment:

Working...
X