X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerta
    replied
    Striker,

Is there a fix that you found? R/R the trunk seal?

Host that pic on photobucket or what have you so we can see ...

Leave a comment:

• Striker01
    replied
    If you guys are parking with the front of the car lower than the rear then you may have water pooling around the trunk seal and getting in that way. I opened the trunk with it raining and the car nose-down on a sloped driveway and these two corners were filled with water and it was leaking between the seal and the trunk, filling up both sides with water. The green circled areas are what I'm talking about. I borrowed this pic.

Last edited by Striker01; 03-18-2012, 01:27 PM. Reason: Added photo

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    It came to my attention that the seal at the bottom corner of the windshield on the driver side often shrinks and leaves a gap between the body and seal that allows water to soak the carpet.

I have a continually wet carpet under my feet. I think I might caulk it. I don't see any way around it, save for R&R of the whole windshield seal.

Leave a comment:

• workerb
    replied
    She Loves 2 Leak

Great thread! My '88is has a drip when hosed down that comes off the handle that opens the hood and pools on the driver side, and another leak that fills the rear passenger area with water. (My firewall is cracked & decomposing...any thoughts?) Last week I had to bail water out of the jack compartment in the trunk, and it was dripping wet inside the trunk. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me on the next sunny day :???:

What it isn't: the elephant trunk, I've pulled that.

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    if and when you do this use compressed air to clear out the sunroof drain tubes. it works really well... just a tip

Leave a comment:

• sandlock
    replied
    I have a trunk leak that's eluded me for several months now, I think I'm going to go through it completely this weekend, sunroof drains included.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned door vapor barriers in this whole thread. If you don't have a good seal on the lower part of the barrier, water will just surf over your door gasket and into the foot well. You can typically get proof of this happening by taking your doorcard off and pouring water onto your closed window near the side mirrors or checking the plastic floor sills after a long rain.

Leave a comment:

• timninja
    replied
    Hey so you mentioned a freash air vent leak I thought I was crazy,how do you you fix that?lol

Leave a comment:

• TheRooster
    replied
    mine is coming from the heater box on the firewall

Leave a comment:

• ACHTUNG
    replied
    I have to chase down my leaks now...

Leave a comment:

• boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by xoneslosentrax View Post
    well i checked my elephant trunk and it was clogged but now i have to find me a damn wire for the sunroof drain and see if its clogged...i did run some compressed air through it but i didnt have the rubber tip on the gun thingy..so ill hvae to find a different way to do it...
    Open the sunroof and pour some water into the three or four drains.The water will exit just behind the front tires and behind the rear tire on the driver's side.

Leave a comment:

• xoneslosentrax
    replied
    well i checked my elephant trunk and it was clogged but now i have to find me a damn wire for the sunroof drain and see if its clogged...i did run some compressed air through it but i didnt have the rubber tip on the gun thingy..so ill hvae to find a different way to do it...

Leave a comment:

• nomansland92
    replied
    mine did this too, check the pop out patchs in the floor boards. This was my problem on both side. take a hose and spray under the car real well and see if it comes up through.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• poopin04
    replied
    ^^Pictures please!! This F---ing water leak in my rear passenger side has been driving me bonkers all summer and i can't figure it out. I was about to change my rear windshield gaskets in hopes that mine help. but maybe these rocker drains are teh issue.

Leave a comment:

• xoneslosentrax
    replied
    sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone have pics of the rocker drains..im having the same problem but i just drilled 3 holes on the back floor board to fix it...but i would like to fix the drains and have clean carpets...during the winter i had about a 3 inch solid piece of ice on the passenger side rear floor board...so if anyone can help with a pic of the rocker drains that would be awesome

Leave a comment:

• Black_E30
    replied
    Elephant Trunk Drain Hose is Part Number 51731911369

Lots of people have posted here and there looking for the part number of the elephant hose. Since I couldn't find where this is posted anywhere else around here, this thread seems as good as any.

The "elephant trunk" drain hose is part number 51731911369.

\Heater and Air Conditioning \ Collective function group \ Hose pn 51731911369

Thanks Chris325i on bimmerforums for digging this up.

If your system is clogged here, you may have to do more than just removing and cleaning or replacing this part - the system may be clogged immediately upstream as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X