Front brake Hardline instillation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake Hardline instillation

I need to replace the from brake hardlines from the abs to each wheel well. I got the right oem lines from the dealer which have to be bent. Do I have to follow the factory route when installing? It looks likes it's be very difficult if not impossible without removing a lot from the engine bay. Any safety concerns etc?

I've replaced all the hard lines coming from the ABS pump. For the fronts, the driver's side is pretty simple, nothing to really remove except maybe the air box just to have a bit extra room. For the passenger side, there's a wiring harness bracket that keeps all the wires mounted up to the top of the firewall, pretty much right in the middle. There's 2-3 10mm plastic nuts to remove that frees the bracket from the firewall, there is enough room to the just weave the new line in behind the wires and around the booster. You shouldn't need to remove anything else.
    '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

I ended up doing something like this and just couldn't get a good bleed on the system. Removed the abs rebought some new nicopp line and a nicer flare tool and made my own lines going straight to the MC. I have brakes now! I just have a line going to the front of the mc with a T fitting which then runs to each front wheel. Then the line in the back of the mc goes to the portioning valve then too a chase bays Hardline delete kit for the rears. Deleting the abs removed so much Hardline from the system and this cars just for fun so I'm happy without abs.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted, have fun!
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Thanks! So happy to be able to drive!

Comment

Working...
          X