Windshield seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield seal?

Question: I’m looking to replace my windshield and I’m seeing two different seals, one pre-1987 and one after. I’ve done something similar on my old Austin Mini, and the newer seal is better because it is wider. I’m wondering if such is the same for the e30? Is the after-1987 seal better than the pre, and will it fit on a 1985 car? Likewise with the molding, I would prefer the black rather than the chrome, will the later black molding work in the earlier seal if I cannot use the later seal on my ‘85? How different are these two sets of windshield seals? Thanks.
    I’m sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I’m still kinda new here hand haven’t posted before. Most of my questions are already answered somewhere!

I have swapped various windshields into various year e30's and never had one not fit (coupe to sedan, sedan to cabrio, cabrio to coupe etc) M3 is totally different and gets glued in. I want to say that there was a thinner glass for a specific market, and had a matching seal, but pretty sure the states don't have to worry about it. There was a discussion on Facebook about it a long time ago - good luck finding it tho, unfortunately.

As far as the locking spline, the chrome and black interchange.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      I have swapped various windshields into various year e30's and never had one not fit (coupe to sedan, sedan to cabrio, cabrio to coupe etc) M3 is totally different and gets glued in. I want to say that there was a thinner glass for a specific market, and had a matching seal, but pretty sure the states don't have to worry about it. There was a discussion on Facebook about it a long time ago - good luck finding it tho, unfortunately.

As far as the locking spline, the chrome and black interchange.
      Thank you, I’ll give the newer one a shot then!

Comment

Working...
      X