Motronic LC-2 install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motronic LC-2 install problem

So, I installed my LC-2 tonight. I have an '88 325 still running motronic. I'm putting in the wideband to prep for MS2. I pulled the factory O2 sensor wiring into the cabin. I wired both brown wires from the O2 harness to the ground on the LC-2. I wired the black wire from the O2 harness to the brown output wire on the LC-2. I wired the remaining green wire to the red wire on the LC-2. I checked grounds and power with a test light. It works in this configuration.

However, I realized this makes it a bitch to calibrate the damn thing. So, I grabbed power from behind the radio instead of using the green wire. When I switch the car into accessory mode, all is fine. When I turn the key to start it, I lose all power everywhere. Thinking I just destroyed my car somehow, I connect a test light to the battery so I can start checking fuses. After connecting the test light to the battery, I notice that all power has returned to the car. Switching the power back to the green wire, all is well. The car starts fine.

I'm confused. What could be my problem? If I can't figure it out, I'll just run a switch with accessory power to the LC-2 for calibration purposes.
    1992 Daihatsu Rocky SE
    1988 BMW 325 SETA
Working...
X