Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
    It's the tables you posted? I'm honestly surprised it runs well. Your fuel table looks very... Unpolished. What are you boost targets? 8psi? And boost cut at 21psi?

It is a little hard to tell the AFRs you are seeing on your dyno sheet, simply because the scale isn't great—wanna post a log?
    yes, running wastegate only for the time being. would it be ok to take a few degrees out in the are of the map that you guys think might be to much? and if so where and how much. I don't think I will be putting it back on the dyno this year but as soon as I can get it on the road I will hook up the laptop and get a log for review

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
      Your fuel table looks very... Unpolished. What are you boost targets? 8psi? And boost cut at 21psi?
      It'd say it looks *too* polished. Doesn't look like real world numbers. Too smooth and too many matching cells.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        It'd say it looks *too* polished. Doesn't look like real world numbers. Too smooth and too many matching cells.
        I don't know if this makes any difference but it was tuned on a steady state dyno

Comment

It just wouldn't make sense that you'd have the same values from 180kpa through 240kpa, for example.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I get what your saying. I guess I better get a log for everyone to review. I could ask the tuner to send one over if he still has it. would it matter if we only tuned it to 8psi, hence the matching cells above that range?
            sorry if this is a bit much on the questions. just trying to understand better

Comment

Yes, I missed the only 8psi part. You weren't using those cells at all then, they were probably just added as a safety margin for an overboost situation.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                That's what I'm saying. It's not real values, just interpolation all over the place. It looks like the tuner did a few pulls and then interpolated and called it a day. It's not smooth, it's flat.

Pulling a few degrees is not going to hurt anything. I just don't see your fuel table as being safe if it is so flat. If it was tuned on a steady state dyno the ignition map is probably close, but changing the fuel table will have an effect on optimal ignition values. You should try to see a log with that tune and see if AFRs look safe.

You only need 1 or 2 extra rows of fuel and spark tables to have coverage for over boost. The fact your overboost trigger is at 21psi worries me. Set it to like 12.
                '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

ill set the overboost to 12psi to start. i sent the tuner an email to see if he has a log from my final run, we can all check it. i appreciate the feedback.

Comment

ok, I got the files. didn't think he would still have them. how do I upload them for viewing. its currently an msl

Comment

Also save the .MSQ (tune). You can upload them onto Google docs and share them here.

Comment

still fighting with this. I can only view a part of the log as I only have mega log viewer lite. is there a way to convert the msl so I can upload directly?

Comment

Perhaps try uploading the log to datazap.me? I don't know if it'll support MSL—if it doesn't you could attempt to change the file name to .CSV. worst case, you can email it and I'll host it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pull5.png
Views:	1
Size:	164 Bytes
ID:	7201145
                            test

Comment

I haven't looked at them yet, but here are turbski's MSQ and logs.

Comment

Jaxx, thanks for all the help this morning. huge help! hopefully nothing is to sketchy in what we see. the first couple pulls was out of control boost. the last couple was lifting the head and dumping coolant

Comment

Working...
                                X