No announcement yet.

Speeduino build for M20B25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good info here, please sk8 tell us more from your experience about reliability and performance of the speeduino comparing to stock ( mpg, idle, power through the power band..)
    I'm intersted and on tight budget and this thread brought life to my projects lol.
    Subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by ADEN View Post
      Very good info here, please sk8 tell us more from your experience about reliability and performance of the speeduino comparing to stock ( mpg, idle, power through the power band..)
      I'm intersted and on tight budget and this thread brought life to my projects lol.
      Subscribed
      Reliability seems fine, no issues with the ECU so far other than it sometimes restarts when Im datalogging. I'm guessing that could come from maybe some issues with the computer connection or the Arduino itself. I'm using a cheap knockoff Arduino board.

Can't really compare to stock as far as mpg and power band goes. The standalone ECU won't increase performance any more than a chip tune would on a NA engine. ICV can be controlled by the ECU, so I can set it to idle higher untill it warms up.

I didn't stay NA for long so I never even got a great tune for it when the car was NA. Definitely nice having a standalone ECU with a turbo though, tons of benefits there over stock ECU. I'm logging fuel and oil pressure on top of everything else so that's really nice to have to troubleshoot if things go wrong.

Comment

Neat build. My interest is growing for a speeduino for my upcoming 24V build, because of the rather considerable expense ($1300+) for the PNP MS3 unit necessary to do sequential injection, which I am close to considering mandatory due to previous experience with having massive injectors. The really nice thing about the speeduino is that even if there were a reliability issue with it vs MS which I've been running in DDs for more than a decade, it's so cheap you can keep a spare ECU in the glove box
        Last edited by varg; 06-02-2021, 05:31 PM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20B25 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210918_212506.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	10031469 I am preparing this project for my m20 special thanks to sk8 for his support and help. But ran into a problem with no available ignition driver ISL9V5036P3. Btw, i am doing a stock single coil setup.

I have access to HGTP14N40F3VL out of the ms41 ecu but way lower amperage rating than the required driver (400V 14A),

Is it going to work like this without problems?

If not, I am thinking of using 2 HGTP14N40F3VL in parallel to run my single coil, So since Q1 and Q4 are sharing the same input from CPU, So by soldering a jumber between :IGN1.1 and IGN1.2 to combine the outputs from Q1 and Q4 and use the stock 55 connector output to coil.

Is it safe to do this?
          Last edited by ADEN; 09-18-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X