Warped head. Need input on plan of action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warped head. Need input on plan of action

Long story short, I'm getting exhaust into the cooling system.

Engine is a NV M50 with a 0.140" mls. I have an S52 bottom end I've been planning to build in my basement and a ported/polished M50 NV head that I wanted to put on the 3.2 liter.

My goal is to really get on track asap but I'm also looking down the road. I can just remachine the head on the engine now and get a new mls for a grand total of $450 and leave everything for later.

But I could put the worked head on the 2.5 liter with the dual intake cam swap or not. Either should really get a retune. But then I'm going MS3 here in about 2 months so I'd need ANOTHER retune.

I'd like to build the 3.2 bottom though. All I really want are forged pistons. wiseco sells some for $700 and TRM sells upgraded ones for $925. I'm only doing 1 bar so I'm not sure if the extra $225 is worth it in the long run. I figure I'd need wrist pins and bearings and pay to have it assembled. That gets me in the $1.5k range. Which is ok but I was hoping to spread the financials over a larger period of time.

I could sell the S52 stuff and fund the dual intake cam swap already worked head. I don't want to put the new head on this old block in case I grenade the motor. Then I'm left with no head. I dunno why I'd grenade the motor but the idea of possibly having a built bottom with no built top anymore makes me sad.

Working...
X