Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    So does your car feel pretty slow or what?

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by SGT StudMuffiin View Post
    But still I wanted to call BS on him but what can I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a professional tune, then get him in the car and load his tune after a short drive with a real one :p

Leave a comment:

• SGT StudMuffiin
    replied
    Oh and also he had to do a fair bit of rewiring and tidying up the existing wiring.

Leave a comment:

• SGT StudMuffiin
    replied
    Not full 3 days of course, and also my coil pack died and then the spark plug wires died too. But still I wanted to call BS on him but what can I do?

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    3 days?!?! Takes me about 1.5hr to nail a street tune and about 6-8 pulls on a dyno for max effort. But, to be fair, I have tuned a lot of m20's....

Leave a comment:

• SGT StudMuffiin
    replied
    The car was tuned over a period of 3 days, and he said he made the map completely from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• pazi88
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    He pulled a ton of timing, even at 100kpa. 100kpa at 1000rpm is most certainly reached when dumping the throttle just off idle, no need for it to be pulled back to 8 degrees there.
    Probaply. I'm not that kind of expert with m20 that I could tell by degree if ignition map is ok :D But that map looked so familiar that I have sure seen that before besides the retarded top section. Which is dead giveaway because of the negative values.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
    Those negative values are on the area that engine never reaches. So it doesn't matter. But for me it mostly looks like that the tuner took some readymade m20 turbo map from internet and retarted boosted section of the map by 3-8 degrees to make it "safe" and called it a day.

He pulled a ton of timing, even at 100kpa. 100kpa at 1000rpm is most certainly reached when dumping the throttle just off idle, no need for it to be pulled back to 8 degrees there.

Leave a comment:

• pazi88
    replied
    Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    First major red flag for me is negative timing values....this does not pass the sense check.

And you said it was a 2.9L but you have 2693cc in the settings?
    Those negative values are on the area that engine never reaches. So it doesn't matter. But for me it mostly looks like that the tuner took some readymade m20 turbo map from internet and retarted boosted section of the map by 3-8 degrees to make it "safe" and called it a day.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    Glowing manifold at 10psi and 15hp gains total from n/a :P

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by SGT StudMuffiin View Post
    I tried PMing you but it says your inbox is full

Yeah, been conversing with a lot of people due to my garage sale at the shop.

Cleared it out. The email in my sig is also valid. ;)

Leave a comment:

• SGT StudMuffiin
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Timing is user-defined. It will not be based on any of the engine values.

Fuel on the other hand will have slight changes when changing the engine values.

I tried PMing you but it says your inbox is full

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Timing is user-defined. It will not be based on any of the engine values.

Fuel on the other hand will have slight changes when changing the engine values.

Leave a comment:

• SGT StudMuffiin
    replied
    Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    First major red flag for me is negative timing values....this does not pass the sense check.

Yea I wonder if my tuner thought it was a 2.7. Does that make any difference though? If figure when you’re tuning the car it’s going to react to inputs and changes regardless of displacement, unless of course, tunerstudio changes the parameters based on the given displacement.

Leave a comment:

• e30davie
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X