Cam sizing for a gt35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam sizing for a gt35

I found this company that makes custom cams for m20s and they seem extremely well priced. I just sent them a message regarding getting a regrind mimicking the vac cam. From what I gathered these were the cam specshttp://www.catcams.co.uk/acatalog/info_11.html

I was wondering what kind of cam sizing would work well for that large of a turbo. That being said ill probably set my redline relatively low because I have OEM springs...

Any feedback regarding cam sizing would be much appreciated.

Just an update these guys gave me a quote for $189 to regrind the above specs! They also hear treat it afterwards. So basically I can the same performance for $650 dollars cheaper. Am I living in a fairytale or did I just hit the jackpot?

This is the company I intend on using. I guess the question still remains... are these the best specs for this turbo size?

Top End Performance has been your source for the best prices on brand name, top quality car parts since 1994. Our commitment to providing the best parts at the best prices is topped only by our dedication to providing the very best service to our clients. We are here to help - that's the Top End difference.

Comment

Just pulled my cam, I’ll let you know how this goes! Turn around time is 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interested! Thanks for the info

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

They just finished the cam yesterday and are shipping it back today. Total was $60 for shipping both ways and $185 for machine shop costs. Super knowledgeable guys, they seem to do a High rpm NA cam grind and the turbo grind. I’ll take a picture when I get it back. Also, if you don’t want a regrind I think they do fresh cams for $325ish

Comment

it would be more useful to install it in a head and plot it out the valve motion vs crank angle. all these companies offering m20 cams regrind or new cores and as a customer you have no idea of what youre actually going to get
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Just received the cam in the mail! Looks decent. The one thing I learned is that it’s actually coated with something rather then reheated..

At the end of the day I’m happy I could near match other more expensive cams for much less money. If I have any further issues with the cam I’ll respond to this thread.

Customer service was awesome, took about 3 weeks to get it back. Enjoyable company to work with and it seems like they have some many a bmw m20 cam.

Cheers!

Comment

What is it costed with ? Might just be parkerised
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Honestly I have no idea. If I were going to do this again I wouldn’t get their regrind, but instead just get a custom one from them for like $350-$400

Comment

Working...
                  X