Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 Turbo Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    M20 Turbo Build

    Hey guys hope everyone is well, so I've been a bmw enthusiast for the longest leaving me more then strapped at times lol But it is a passion I cannot shake and I currently sport a stroked e9x m3. It has however always been my dream to build an m20b25 e30 and hit the crazy realm of 9 seconds. Recently I came across a jewel and finally am in a position to make that dream come true but am completely ignorant on where or how to even start with this platform. I found through a family friend a 1990 325i which was beyond babied with mint condition interior/exterior and 130,000 original miles. It has had only 1 owner and only 1 shop has ever touched it for 30 years, insane I know. So can someone please give me some good old honest direction on what to do from scratch. I would greatly appreciate all help and advice thank you. If it helps looking to hit 600 to eventually someday 800 wheel on a very well kept m20 block and am willing to modify whatever necessary. I understand this is a long process and I am not rich but put the money aside for this and have a good set of helping hands mechanically I just would love some honest help and feedback on what to do to the car to get there thank you.

    This was the closest I could find to what I'm looking for but not looking for 1000hp somewhere in the 600 to 800 range
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/05/...turbo-bmw-e30/

    Edit

    Last edited by Strykn_Fox89; 03-08-2019, 03:21 PM.

    #2
    Maybe contact ppf or even bimmerheads to talk about options for the motor.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

    IX being restored here

    Ix turbo build here

    Comment


      #3
      Ppf? Is that a website or after market company? Im guessing bimmerhead is to? Do you have any links for me I greatly appreciate it.

      Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

      Comment


        #4
        If you want to accomplish a build like this, you're going to need to learn to be a lot more self sufficient in your research. No one can spoon feed you an 800hp turbo M20 build. You have years of research, thousands of dollars in development cost/iterations, and a whole lot of blood/sweat/tears ahead of you in a project like this.

        Comment


          #5
          Why on earth would you try to build a 9 second E30 out of what appears to be a truly cherry car? You’re going to have to destroy the shell modifying it to get enough grip, and you’ll probably end up cutting apart the front end to get the kind of large scale turbo plumbing that you’d need to get near a thousand at the crank.
          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

          Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
            Why on earth would you try to build a 9 second E30 out of what appears to be a truly cherry car?
            This.


            You should consider selling that E30 to someone who will appreciate it for what it is, and finding one better suited for what you want to accomplish.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by citizen_insane View Post
              If you want to accomplish a build like this, you're going to need to learn to be a lot more self sufficient in your research. No one can spoon feed you an 800hp turbo M20 build. You have years of research, thousands of dollars in development cost/iterations, and a whole lot of blood/sweat/tears ahead of you in a project like this.
              Makes sense and I absolutely agree I spent many years into my e92 to get to the numbers I'm pushing now, I'm not asking to be spoon fed, I'm asking for the wisdom of others who have the same passion and have a better knowledge of the platform then I do hence the point of a forum to begin with, everyone has to start somewhere what's the point of being here? To jerk off to other people cars? Not me I'm asking for guidance so I don't make the same mistakes as others and can share my dream and work with others and help them to. I hardly think asking for help to find what I need "not putting in the work" because its the reason I am asking so I can. This is a platform I am new to and as I've done for others on my plateform I'm here for guidance Thank you.

              Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                Why on earth would you try to build a 9 second E30 out of what appears to be a truly cherry car? You’re going to have to destroy the shell modifying it to get enough grip, and you’ll probably end up cutting apart the front end to get the kind of large scale turbo plumbing that you’d need to get near a thousand at the crank.
                Same reason anyone builds performance cars, because they want to or its their dream to push a platform, I am not here to debate unfortunately that has become a BMW cliche at this point. People get more info off import forums because BMW enthusiast are now known as "Douche Bags" who dont offer solution they just debate and spit useless information. I don't need peanut gallery opinion I need advice on how to do what it is I want to do.

                Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Strykn_Fox89 View Post
                  Same reason anyone builds performance cars, because they want to or its their dream to push a platform, I am not here to debate unfortunately that has become a BMW cliche at this point. People get more info off import forums because BMW enthusiast are now known as "Douche Bags" who dont offer solution they just debate and spit useless information. I don't need peanut gallery opinion I need advice on how to do what it is I want to do.

                  Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  With an attitude like that, I’m sure that you’ll be able to get lots of good advice!
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                  2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                  1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                  1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                  - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                  1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

                  Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                  Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                    With an attitude like that, I’m sure that you’ll be able to get lots of good advice!
                    I've been respectful to the wisdom of others and I am very grateful for everyone's opinions, all I am asking for Is guidance, is that so wrong??? No one can disagree to how the BMW forums are looked at, the truth hurts but it is what it is. I'm just here to help others and obtain help myself and share my passion with like minded people.

                    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                      Why on earth would you try to build a 9 second E30 out of what appears to be a truly cherry car? You’re going to have to destroy the shell modifying it to get enough grip, and you’ll probably end up cutting apart the front end to get the kind of large scale turbo plumbing that you’d need to get near a thousand at the crank.
                      Originally posted by agent View Post
                      This.


                      You should consider selling that E30 to someone who will appreciate it for what it is, and finding one better suited for what you want to accomplish.
                      What they said. Sell it for a nice number, and get something a bit more project grade for cheaper, use the rest of the money for modifications.
                      2000 A4 1.8TQ | 1988 325is | 1976 280Z | 1953 CJ3B

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Strykn_Fox89 View Post
                        I'm just here to help others and obtain help myself and share my passion with like minded people.
                        If you think using an absolutely minty fresh E30 as the start for a 9 sec drag car is a good idea, perhaps you need to look elsewhere for like minded folk. While we love modifying our cars, we generally prefer to preserve the nicest ones.
                        2000 A4 1.8TQ | 1988 325is | 1976 280Z | 1953 CJ3B

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          If you think using an absolutely minty fresh E30 as the start for a 9 sec drag car is a good idea, perhaps you need to look elsewhere for like minded folk. While we love modifying our cars, we generally prefer to preserve the nicest ones.
                          Thank you I appreciate the opinion, I will continue to hunt for the information I need.

                          Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hey everyone has there own opinion, your car do what want with it. In my book I'd rather see it built properly and enjoyed rather then see it in the hands of a some 17 year kid who's parents bought for them and they cut the exhaust and springs and go "drifting" and smash it a month later. You laugh but I feel like this happens to a lot of e30s.

                            Anyway this is the link for ppf, they have been in the game for along time and know that it takes to build a 800hp m20.
                            You will need to do some translating but I've worked with them a lot and they have awesome customer service.

                            http://pure-pf.com/wp_new/

                            Bimmerheads is in the states and does some very nice work although I personally dont know if they done much with big power m20's, maybe someone knows them better.

                            Also if you want a badass transmission to shave some time of the quarter talk to nisse Järnet he offers a dct conversion.

                            Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                            IX being restored here

                            Ix turbo build here

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                              Hey everyone has there own opinion, your car do what want with it. In my book I'd rather see it built properly and enjoyed rather then see it in the hands of a some 17 year kid who's parents bought for them and they cut the exhaust and springs and go "drifting" and smash it a month later. You laugh but I feel like this happens to a lot of e30s.

                              Anyway this is the link for ppf, they have been in the game for along time and know that it takes to build a 800hp m20.
                              You will need to do some translating but I've worked with them a lot and they have awesome customer service.

                              http://pure-pf.com/wp_new/

                              Bimmerheads is in the states and does some very nice work although I personally dont know if they done much with big power m20's, maybe someone knows them better.

                              Also if you want a badass transmission to shave some time of the quarter talk to nisse Järnet he offers a dct conversion.

                              Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Thank you so much honestly man makes me feel so much better to know someone understands, honestly man I just wanted some help to do this right. I plan on keeping the car for life and treating it with respect I've owned multiple m3's my e9x being my flagship car and most of my friends hold current records on that platform which I am involved in but can provide no help on e30's I'm 29 and established with a 1 year old boy who I hope to share and pass to all of this someday so honest help means a lot shit I paid 300 for the car and I'm not some idiot whose gonna burn it to the ground I want to build it to its potential. Where can I contact the guy you stated about the transmission? Thank you.

                              Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X