Water to Air Intercooler

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MattMc
    replied
    A little more progress, the feed in is tacked in place and the water splitters are ready. Cores and end caps are fitted. Mounting brackets are mocked up. The custom radiator for engine cooling is in place too but without it's fan shroud at pressent.

    Last edited by MattMc; 03-10-2009, 07:14 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 240zs30
    replied
    Very good point. Nice to see you can run stage 2 on just the chip.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by 240zs30
    I did not get the chip with it. I got it awhile ago and it's missing a few pieces. I'm still debating between the MS or the TCD, even MarkD has a chip for the turbo now but it's even more money. In the end the chip may be the way I go just for simplicity. It seems that people who use the chip are happy but I would like to get rid of the maf. Are you running the chip on the stage 2?

    Yes I am, and I've heard that its a MarkD chip but I cant confirm that. I would go with the chip first, you can always sell it later.

    Leave a comment:


  • 240zs30
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtriple
    You dont want to try the software that comes with the kit?
    I did not get the chip with it. I got it awhile ago and it's missing a few pieces. I'm still debating between the MS or the TCD, even MarkD has a chip for the turbo now but it's even more money. In the end the chip may be the way I go just for simplicity. It seems that people who use the chip are happy but I would like to get rid of the maf. Are you running the chip on the stage 2?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by 240zs30
    Ok.Just a basic M20. I have a TCD kit sitting for more than a year (very patient) and I have been waiting to sort out the engine management before installing it. It's a Log style manifold so the turbo will be down and out of the way. I have been looking atTCD's water to air intercooler kit also mainly because I would like to keep my A/C (FL temp)and I like the stealth.
    You dont want to try the software that comes with the kit?

    Leave a comment:


  • 240zs30
    replied
    .

    Ok.Just a basic M20. I have a TCD kit sitting for more than a year (very patient) and I have been waiting to sort out the engine management before installing it. It's a Log style manifold so the turbo will be down and out of the way. I have been looking atTCD's water to air intercooler kit also mainly because I would like to keep my A/C (FL temp)and I like the stealth.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MattMc
    replied
    I think a completely different set up would be required we have 3 generic layouts but more are been added as we go along.



    PPM Racing have three BMW's for us to cool, an E10 which will be fully worked and running big boost. The one currently underway shown in this thread and I do believe the other is an M20 so you might be lucky I will have a look the next time I'm at PPM. But it will be right hand drive so it may not help.

    If you can take a photo of your engine bay that shows space available.

    Leave a comment:


  • 240zs30
    replied






    I see. I like the setup for the M30 I just wonder what it would look like for the M20 with the TB going in the other direction. Subscribed!

    Leave a comment:


  • Oshm
    replied
    Yes Indeed. For both the M20 and the M42.. Late spring early summer.

    Leave a comment:


  • 240zs30
    replied
    Are you going to make anything for the M20?

    Leave a comment:


  • ubernasty
    replied
    Originally posted by MattMc
    So watch this space for all the data we will not be hiding anything.
    Originally posted by MattMc
    All welded up a few trick bits internally but we can't show you everything ;)
    :)....not even if we said please?

    Leave a comment:


  • MattMc
    replied
    Almost complete

    Leave a comment:


  • MattMc
    replied
    Surge tank for the BMW

    Leave a comment:


  • MattMc
    replied
    All welded up a few trick bits internally but we can't show you everything ;)

    Next up drilling and tapping of the end plates for the end caps.

    Then it's time to mount it.



    Last edited by MattMc; 01-10-2009, 07:10 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by MattMc
    Make sure you have been Laminoved for optimum performance ;)

    Hahah... had to look up laminova to know what you meant.

    Leave a comment:

Working...