Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I buy the wrong fuel injection hoses? Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I buy the wrong fuel injection hoses? Please help.

1985 318i 5 speed.
    I purchased $40 worth locally at car quest and I plan to replace my cracked lines in the engine bay. Did I make a mistake?
    There was another option rated for 50 psi. This one they chose is 300psi and has fabric interior. I just realized it's hydraulic line and says low pressure. Yet its rated 300psi.
    Please let me know you all know more than me thank you!

Gates LOL Low Pressure Lock-On Hose, 5/16" 0.55" OD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GEQRQ0A..._rVVBCb902929A

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The upper picture says not to use for gasoline.

You want fuel injection hose with SAE30R9 rating.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Is this okay?

Comment

Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Probably.
          Hey boss can you give me a link which to order?

Comment

Go to FCP Euro or AutohausAZ, or another decent online retailer, put in your car info, order the quantity of bulk hose that you need.

Generally ignore auto parts stores for your BMW, as they won't often have what you need in terms of parts.

Comment

Are we just talking about standard rubber efi hose? nothing special on the ends?

Id just go to any parts shop, they should have it on a roll and you buy it by the metre?

Comment

Maybe it's different in other markets in the US, and clearly in Australia, but the stores in my locale are basically worthless.

Comment

In a pinch I go to CarQuest. I look to make sure it says FI hose on the it before I buy any. They usually have some on a spool.

Comment

Please post your topics in the correct forum. General Discussion is not a catch-all bucket for technical questions. Please do not ask questions there.

If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      Maybe it's different in other markets in the US, and clearly in Australia, but the stores in my locale are basically worthless.
                      This. There are a couple small outfits, near me, that do "import" parts (meaning mostly air cooled VW). However, they do carry quality parts for these old cars, and usually stock stuff, like quality metric fuel hose, by the roll.

I would suggest that the OP goes and finds a store like that, rather than going to the national junk chains (O'Reilly, AZ, et al).
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Most BMW motorcycle dealers stock bmw fuel hose in 1 meter lengths. It is Really good fuel hose, I’ve used it on everything for the last 15 years or so.
                        Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Go to any auto parts store/dealer, get the right sized hose, make sure it says SAE J30R7. SAE J30R9 is even better and even compulsory on some race tracks.
                          Originally posted by Melon
                          Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
                            Go to any auto parts store/dealer, get the right sized hose, make sure it says SAE J30R7. SAE J30R9 is even better and even compulsory on some race tracks.

This is incorrect, you don't want R7 hose anywhere near a fuel injection system, it's for low pressure carbureted engines. R9 is what you want or R10 if the hose is submerged.
                            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I'd like to think that yeah for hydraulic hoses, 300psi would be low pressure yes.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X