Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New fuel pump relay and now fuel pumps run constantly on power accessories mode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fuel pump relay and now fuel pumps run constantly on power accessories mode!

I put in a new fuel pump relay on my 84 318i. When I turn on the key to the power accessories mode the fuel pumps run constantly. I know with the older relays when you turned it on to power accessories the fuel pumps would run for just a few seconds. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hey there I'm having the same issue on the same car!

I replaced the 7 prong relay closest to front of car and now both pumps staying running when in the on position, and keeps the injectors all spraying at once. I'm chasing a rough start/idle, rich condition, where the spark plugs are wet with gas. Were you able to figure anything out? I am hoping the ecu isn't bad in my case.

Comment

Yes I did figure it out, these newer fuel pump relays are junk! The parts companies should be contacting the manufacturer because it's dangerous for it to be always running. I just ended up using one of my old fuel pump relays and the issue went away!

Comment

Working...
      X