• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ovo_e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Chebyshev View Post
    Just to close the loop on this one:

I went out and found that a couple rubber grommets were not properly installed in the left side of my firewall, but were just dangling from the brake reservoir line and steering column. There was also an empty hole over by the fuse box. The grommets I reinstalled with the help of some assembly lube and the hole I plugged with a piece of wine cork.

The cabin is quiet now!
    Great to hear you got that sorted out. It’s always the small details lol

Leave a comment:

• Chebyshev
    replied
    Just to close the loop on this one:

I went out and found that a couple rubber grommets were not properly installed in the left side of my firewall, but were just dangling from the brake reservoir line and steering column. There was also an empty hole over by the fuse box. The grommets I reinstalled with the help of some assembly lube and the hole I plugged with a piece of wine cork.

The cabin is quiet now!
    Last edited by Chebyshev; 11-29-2021, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chebyshev
    replied
    Originally posted by ovo_e30 View Post
    I had a similar issue recently. The firewall grommet in the rear of my glovebox came ajar while fiddling with some wiring. It resonated a ticking from the engine bay into my cabin which was very noticeable when the glovebox was closed. It echoed into my glovebox badly. I reseated the grommet properly and the ticking vanished.
    That's interesting, I'll take a look behind the glovebox.

In that vein, are there supposed to be grommets in the firewall for the steering column and heater hoses as well? I think I may have just holes for those things right now. Perhaps that's the issue.

Maybe I need #6 in https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=32_0492

Leave a comment:

• ovo_e30
    replied
    I had a similar issue recently. The firewall grommet in the rear of my glovebox came ajar while fiddling with some wiring. It resonated a ticking from the engine bay into my cabin which was very noticeable when the glovebox was closed. It echoed into my glovebox badly. I reseated the grommet properly and the ticking vanished.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Not an ix person, but Isn't that some type of t case issue?

Alternately, remove the cartoon explosive from your car.

Leave a comment:

• Chebyshev
    started a topic Loud Ticking Noise in Interior

Loud Ticking Noise in Interior

My '90 325iX (manual swapped) has a relatively loud ticking noise that varies with RPM in the interior. The valves aren't much louder than I expect with the hood open and I recently adjusted them properly. It is like the valve (or injector) ticking is being amplified to the driver's seat.

I tried plugging the hole in the middle of the steering wheel with my finger and it made no difference (https://blog.fcpeuro.com/how-to-fix-...e-bmw-e30-325i).

Thoughts?
Working...
X