Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay to run original ETA pistons with 885 (i) head if I'm going to turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hasa
    replied
    Why not boost whole engine as it is? Is this a some oddball high compression engine which can't take 1bar/14psi unopened.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    It will work fine, even though not the most ideal boost fixes everything.

Leave a comment:

• jc1000
    replied
    Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
    I think it's because the head doesn't quite match up with pistons. It will work. ForcedFirebird knows best about this.
    ForcedFirebird would love to hear your thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    I think it's because the head doesn't quite match up with pistons. It will work. ForcedFirebird knows best about this.

Leave a comment:

• jc1000
    replied
    Thanks. Yes, in that first source (strictlyeta), he doesn't seem to like the idea of keeping the ETA pistons. But I am hearing that a lot have done it and had good results.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Add the b25 topend and induction and then boost it

Leave a comment:

• It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    These days, there is quite a bit of info on the internet about how to make a 327i, a 328i, or a 330i M20 stroker motor using a 325e block, a 325i cylinder head, some piston magic, and probably 30 p…

Read through this and should be able to give you some insight.

Leave a comment:

• Okay to run original ETA pistons with 885 (i) head if I'm going to turbo?

Hello! I have a 1987 325 with the M20B27 ETA. I am looking to make more power and have decided to try the stroker option plus turbo. What I am having a hard time deciding is whether it is worth swapping out the pistons. I would likely go with 325i pistons if I can find them (and have to change the rods) or possibly custom ones. This will be my first engine build, so I would like to avoid doing so if possible, but am also willing to prioritize it if need be. I am pretty new to the scene and have relatively low expectations and would also like to be as "economical" as possible. Thanks for your thoughts.
Working...
X